PDA

View Full Version : Sublaxation of the elbow, anyone done this?

NickAus
07-28-2011, 07:37 AM
If so what did you do about it?

How long till you used the arm again?

Thanks!

SELK
07-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I did it many years ago. I could hardly move my arm for 2-3 weeks then slowly started to regain mobility and strength. There was an insane amount of swelling in my arm during this time so that may have hindered the recovery. I was also about 17 years old so that was on my side.

JK1
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
I subluxed my kid brothers elbow when he was 8 or 9. We were playing "pro wrestling" and he kicked me in the head a couple of times, then tried to hit me with a flying elbow off the couch while I was down. I tried to catch him in the air, but missed and he ended up on my back. Somehow I fell and he put his arm out, when we hit, he hyperextended the elbow and subluxated it. He screamed and my mom came running into the living room with the wiffleball bat. He ended up in the ER shortly after that. It took him about 3 weeks to regain seminormal use of the arm and he complained about hurting for several weeks afterwards. I was just happy Mom didn' t decide to whip the snot out of me for actually hurting him kind of bad. I felt kind of like crap too because we weren't allowed to wrestle in the house for a long time after that.

NickAus
07-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks guys!!

Must have not been serious cause Im back at it and it feels ok.

I was deadlifting and held at the top, made the mistake of relaxing the arms with holding lock-out for a long time with max weight and my right arm popped and felt like it dropped 1/2".

Seeing the doc August 8.