PDA

View Full Version : metal ace squat suit

jtteg_x
07-30-2011, 10:20 PM
its super tight in the hips and can barely get it on with suit slippers. the leg cuffs are very loose to the point where I easily fit 2 fingers in the gap, or even fold it. Does this sound right? or is Metal suits just not meant for my build (short/stalky)? I got it sized right according to their chart. Its a 50 and I am 228lb bodyweight 5-7"

NickAus
07-30-2011, 10:28 PM
I like my gear tight in the hips and loose in the legs but that may be a little too much difference perhaps.

What size are your hips and quads?

CrazyEyesPat
07-31-2011, 11:53 AM
actually sounds ass backwords--- ive always had to buy a size up on the metal suits and then have the hips altered--- they have very small leg openings compared to inzer gear.

blong
07-31-2011, 07:32 PM
I am wearing a size 50 at 242-245 and 5'11 but I do like mine to fit tight in the hips and loose in legs to allow for knees being pushed out easier. Sounds like the easiest fix would be to have someone tighten up the leg openings a little. But keep in mind most do wear double ply briefs under the suits so that alone could change the fit of things. I like the pred/ace combo myself.

theBarzeen
07-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I like my gear to fit like that..... but it sounds like you could use a trip to a tailor.

Everyone is built differently, so, just like with buying clothes off of the rack, it takes some work to get something with a perfect fit.

If you don't like it just take it to a tailor. Legs are really easy to tighten.... drive to Illinois and I'll do it for you. Totally worth the trip.

mastermonster
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I tried one of these to see if it was as good as I'd heard. I had the same fit situation. Very tight hips and baggy leg openings. And I had 44" hips and 30" thighs weighing about 275-278 then. I didn't get much out of it compared to my Boss gear. I worked up to 600 and it felt like 800 did then in just Boss briefs. I took it off, finished the session in my Boss briefs and later traded the Ace off. Different things work for different people I guess, but I was not at all impressed with it. By the way I'm also in the short stocky category. I'm just barely 5'10" without shoes, and wear 30" length jeans. Short thick thighs.

jtteg_x
07-31-2011, 10:19 PM
I could go one size up but then the thigh opening would be way too baggy. I had plans to use this as my deadlift & squat suit (kill 2 birds with 1 stone) but looks like I'll go with the pro deadlifter for now. theBarzeen, appreciate the offer but thats a hell of a drive from CA.

drew
08-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Size sounds right. Maybe a dumb question but have you tried putting a bar through the straps and hanging?

jtteg_x
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Size sounds right. Maybe a dumb question but have you tried putting a bar through the straps and hanging?

I haven't, its already in mail for return. I'm sure if I did that, the last 2" of slack on the crouch would go up but it still would put too much pressure on the hips.

Metal gear is on sale again at www.Elitefts.com!! Should I go with a size 50 or 52 Metal Sumo Pro Deadlifter? I know the material on the ace is much thicker than their deadlift suits which is pushing me to go with their 50. I emailed Jo Jordan about it but wanted to hear the folks on the boards input too

drew
08-03-2011, 06:08 AM
I haven't, its already in mail for return. I'm sure if I did that, the last 2" of slack on the crouch would go up but it still would put too much pressure on the hips.

Metal gear is on sale again at www.Elitefts.com!! Should I go with a size 50 or 52 Metal Sumo Pro Deadlifter? I know the material on the ace is much thicker than their deadlift suits which is pushing me to go with their 50. I emailed Jo Jordan about it but wanted to hear the folks on the boards input too

See what Jo says about it. He is really the authority.

I would try the suit again but hang from the bar to get it seated. Forget the slippers, they are more trouble than they are worth. We're about the same size, I am using a 52 Ace which is very loose and wearing it over Ace briefs. I can get the suit on in about 1-2 minutes by myself. I was wearing a 50 Pro which took a little more effort to get on over the briefs, but that's only because the straps aren't velcro.