PDA

View Full Version : Erector shirt question

Goll65
08-01-2011, 07:58 AM
I am a raw powerlifter. I have crappy knees and am very ass/ham dominate. When I deadlift it is Romanian style, and I round my back alot. I am not worried about injury, my back is very strong and well conditioned. I can easily deadlift 500lbs with out a belt. I have never used an erector shirt and was wondering if it might be a good tool to use in training to help fix my form.

gmen5681
08-01-2011, 08:25 AM
or you could lower the weight and do it with correct form.

Brian C
08-01-2011, 08:36 AM
or you could lower the weight and do it with correct form.

Yeah I agree. Why go forward with crappy,and dangerous, form. I dont care how strong your back is, one little mistep and youll be on the floor. Lower the weight and focus on proper form. You cant walk without taking babysteps first. Once you dial it in, then go for broke. And an erector shirt wont miraculously protect your back either with bad form.

kingns
08-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I vote no, and erector shirts suck anyways

joey54
08-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Not sure if serious.

theBarzeen
08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Erector shirts are a real pain to use. They need to be worn TIGHT and don't really add that much.....

Some guys can deadlift with a rounded back, but it's not exactly the best idea..... kind of hard on the body

When my wife had problems rounding her back while pulling we added a lot of upper back work. High pulls, rows, more rows, and even more rows. Debbie Damminga was also nice enough to suggest squeezing her lats as she gets set to pull.... we took the time to work up her weak points and her pull has sky rocketed because of it....

kingns
08-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Go to a meet and see how many people wear erector shirts. That is how i determine they suck. Ive heard all they do is constrict your breathing. I would just train your back/erectors to make them stronger and maintain good form

BloodandThunder
08-01-2011, 01:08 PM
You also want to pick up one of those crazy EHPHD Blast shirts with patented arm locking technology. EXTREME!

Or OP you can build up your quad strength to help off the floor and build your abs and erectors through proper assistance work. Take some video and analyze your starting position which causes alot of problems in DLing.