drew
08-04-2011, 06:56 AM
jee_nhT06Zc

drew
08-04-2011, 06:58 AM
That's not right.

StormTheBeach
08-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks for fixing that, I don't know why the hell it didnt come up.

StormTheBeach
08-04-2011, 08:07 AM
seriously that got turned down?
why do people continue to lift in this fed when stuff like this happens.
maybe they didnt like your mohawk, the lift looked flawless.

Yea, it is just so inconsistant. I saw video of the other GNC pro deadlift meet that happend this year and the head ref was giving down commands BEFORE the lifters were locked out. Shit is ridiculous. Oh well, one of the first purchases I mae after this meet was a pair of 2ply breifs. I want to start doing real powerlifting meets now.

IronDiggy
08-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Nice pull but you definitely jumped the down command.

StormTheBeach
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Nice pull but you definitely jumped the down command.

Which one? The first one or the second one?

IronDiggy
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
The 2nd one. I can't see the 1st one.
It's pretty subtle but you let your shoulders drop just as he was about to give the down command (hence the sort of hand pause as he was doing it) which counts as downwards motion of the bar. It was definitely a picky call. Good to make it a habit of holding the bar till the head judges hand is totally down, though I don't have anywhere near a 810lbs dl.

joey54
08-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks for fixing that, I don't know why the hell it didnt come up.

Because you didn't read the sticky on how to post videos.

StormTheBeach
08-05-2011, 06:36 AM
The 2nd one. I can't see the 1st one.
It's pretty subtle but you let your shoulders drop just as he was about to give the down command (hence the sort of hand pause as he was doing it) which counts as downwards motion of the bar. It was definitely a picky call. Good to make it a habit of holding the bar till the head judges hand is totally down, though I don't have anywhere near a 810lbs dl.

I have probably watched this thing about a trillion times. It really could have gone either way. You are right though, I should have held on longer. The IPF rules say you can go down upon "recieving the down command" which, I guess, means once the command is initiated. I don't like bitching and complaining about stuff so I will just get stronger and leave no doubt next time.

NickAus
08-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Not sure why no one has said it yet but HELL YEAH 810!!!!!!!

Strange here some big lifts get no comments and some average lifts gets 100.......hmmmmmm

Massive pull, well done man!!

Alex.V
08-05-2011, 07:48 AM
I woulda dropped then too- definitely a ref screwup.. Sick lift.

drew
08-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Yea, it is just so inconsistant. I saw video of the other GNC pro deadlift meet that happend this year and the head ref was giving down commands BEFORE the lifters were locked out. Shit is ridiculous. Oh well, one of the first purchases I mae after this meet was a pair of 2ply breifs. I want to start doing real powerlifting meets now.

That's right, come on over to the dark side. Single ply is for teenagers and old ladies.

chris mason
08-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Horrible, horrible call... You were given the down command. You lowered the bar. Fucking idiot judges...

Fuzzy
08-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Strange here some big lifts get no comments and some average lifts gets 100.......hmmmmmm

I've noticed this. Pull 8+ wheels. Nothing. Pull 4 wheels. 3 page thread.

That pull was disgustingly awesome. Shame on the IPF for continuing such stupid judging practices. I would love to know how many of the refs were actually lifters.

Mark!
08-06-2011, 09:22 PM
The fucking judge looked confused as to what to do. Douche. Bad ass fucking lift bro, that's some massive weight right there partner. Get pissed, get mad, smash fucking weight and get more betta!!!!!!! Fucking judges. I'm anxiously awaiting to see if 4 second pause jackass is going to be judging my meet later this month. He's notorious for holding peoples bench for 3-4 seconds for no reason. Should be fun.

Alex.V
08-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Mark, I want about 1/10 of that rage next time I go into the gym.

ps- notice that the OP didn't say "HEY GUYS LOOK AT MY DEADLIFT AND COME GIVE ME HUGGLES" in the subject, he just kinda posted a video. Since he ain't attention whoring, people didn't pay as much attention. Their loss.

NickAus
08-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I've noticed this. Pull 8+ wheels. Nothing. Pull 4 wheels. 3 page thread.

That pull was disgustingly awesome. Shame on the IPF for continuing such stupid judging practices. I would love to know how many of the refs were actually lifters.

Thats it.

Pull 400 and everyone wants to talk about how good it felt the first time THEY pulled 400 ha ha......not so many can talk about 7 or 8.

810 is a massive pull!!

chris mason
08-06-2011, 11:31 PM
800+ is a VERY nice pull indeed!

macdaknife
08-07-2011, 05:53 AM

this.

:omg:

mikesbench
08-07-2011, 11:11 AM
The lift looked easy for you! Judging inconsistencies are always a pain, but you looked good for more next time anyway. I also agree.. 8+ is sick pull. To pull that much takes a combination of strength,mart training, genetic ability, and long term dedication.... nice pull!

StormTheBeach
08-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Next time, I plan on either walking the weight off the stage and taking home with me or throwing it from the platform into the judge and then immediately eating his dead, smashed body.

Mark!
08-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Next time, I plan on either walking the weight off the stage and taking home with me or throwing it from the platform into the judge and then immediately eating his dead, smashed body.

This is likely the best route to take versus judges who are dickwads.

jtteg_x
08-07-2011, 10:28 PM
solid pull. 800...jesus fuck. what weight were you at this meet?
theres a great article on elitefts where judges turn down very reasonable lifts in the IPF. They provided videos and it will make you angry at the calls so beware lol

but i dont see how it can possibly get more than 1 red in this case...unless the side judges are paying attention to the head judge? which wouldn't make sense because the side judges would be looking for hitching, downward motion, etc.

StormTheBeach
08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
solid pull. 800...jesus fuck. what weight were you at this meet?
theres a great article on elitefts where judges turn down very reasonable lifts in the IPF. They provided videos and it will make you angry at the calls so beware lol

but i dont see how it can possibly get more than 1 red in this case...unless the side judges are paying attention to the head judge? which wouldn't make sense because the side judges would be looking for hitching, downward motion, etc.

I was coming off of a ridiculous weight cut for a different meet, I weighed in right at 252. I am pretty sure the pull would have put me in second behind that kid Ian Bell.

I don't know. No one could give me a good explanation of why it was turned down.

JohnnyRingo
08-11-2011, 01:14 AM
stupid pull dude, just nasty. Next time pile drive the refs wife for such calls.

andhen2003
08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
great pull. you made it look easy.

Ruff Riff
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Solid man, solid! Wow!

HJP
08-27-2011, 08:36 PM
WOW!! Massive pull!

Whatever the downward motion before down call was was overshadowed by the ref doing some weird semi downward hand movement? Hard done by but mate you still pulled an locked out 810 (with relative comfort)!

Impressive mate!! Can't wait to see how much more you can do. MASSIVE PULL

Chris Rodgers
08-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Sick Pull! He probably red-lighted you because you were sweating. The IPF/USAPL is like the Planet Fitness of powerlifting.

ironwill727
08-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Looked good to me. Nice pull. He gave a very slow down call and you starting bringing it down after he started the signal. So it should have been good. It is powerlifting not a spelling contest no need to be overly picky.

Dank27
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Sick Pull, Stupid Judge

Keep up the good work

borracho
09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
...jesus fuck. .

That sums it up...awesome pull dude.