PDA

View Full Version : 405 deadlift @ 179.1

thecityalive
08-08-2011, 01:16 PM
6_ZlnWZSgE8

A victory for me. After doing sumo deadlifts 5 weeks prior to this, told myself that today was the day of the proving and just moved weight today. My back feels great after that pull, but if I want to pull any more than that, I'm gonna invest in a belt (any suggestions?)

Really happy to see this number so soon.

Check my journal for the full session.

Comments/critique are always appreciated.

Cards
08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Awesome job, it looked like you even had a little more in you. I checked out the journal too, I bet if you didn't pull 365x6x2 before you pulled 405 you could have pulled more.

Keep it up, you'll be putting up 5 plates in no time.

joey54
08-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Much better than I anticipated with the set up. I was expecting a horrible modified sumo with a bar roll.

thecityalive
08-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks Cards! Even though I wanted to get the 1RM in, I wanted to keep the integrity of my structure still and lift what I need to lift.
I was surprised how well I sustained grip today after doing all those lifts traditional and strapless. Chalk really does make a difference. I used a tip from Hulk and I'm sure that attributed to the success of the lift. Felt good.

Joey: yeah, I wanted to move away from sumo, wasn't really feeling the set up when I first started the routine. I know the load is more on hips in sumo and better leverage, but I wanted it to be a conventional lift. Alas, I think I might just finish off this cycle with sumos to retain the integrity of my set-up...for now. And ya, figured I'd just walk up to the bar, feel the steel, and pull.