PDA

View Full Version : The Nasty Girls

Bako Lifter
08-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Here are the Crossfit benchmark workouts. The majority of them are named after hurricanes. Also, one of my favorite quotes, "anything that leaves you on the ground, gasping for air, wondering what the hell just happened to you, deserves to be named after a woman".

Enjoy. And remember, these workouts are only as hard as the intensity that you put into them. Trust me, they are rough. Some of the most brutal workouts I've ever put my body through.

Annie (http://youtu.be/iB_4qc0cADc)

Double-unders
Sit-ups

Reps of 50,40,30,20,10.

Angie (http://youtu.be/qiVq-o9UYp0)

Pull-ups x 100
Push-ups x 100
Sit-ups x 100
Air squats x 100

For time. Complete all 100 reps before moving to the next movement.

Barbara

Pull-ups x 20
Push-ups x 30
Sit-ups x 40
Air squats x 50

5 rounds for time. Rest 3 minutes between rounds.

Chelsea

Pull-ups x 5
Push-ups x 10
Air Squats x 15

On the minute, every minute, for 30 minutes.

Cindy

Pull-ups x 5
Push-ups x 10
Air Squats x 15

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

Diane

225 pound deadlift
Handstand push-ups

3 rounds using 21 reps, 15 reps, then 9 reps each.

Elizabeth

135 pound power clean
Ring Dips

Fran (http://youtu.be/xJ27XzR3HJc)

95 pound thrusters
Pull-Ups

Grace (http://youtu.be/ydeCu7W1VRc)

135 pound clean & jerk

30 reps for time.

Helen (http://youtu.be/T5gL9IIzbsY)

Run 400 meters
1.5 pood kettle bell swing x 21
Pull-ups x 12

3 rounds for time.

Isabel (http://youtu.be/PWNoy3RLmEY)

135 pound snatch

30 reps for time.

Jackie

1000 meter row
45 pound thruster x 50
Pull-ups x 50

1 round for time.

Karen

150 wall ball shots (20 pound ball)

For time.

Kelly

Run 400 meters
Box jumps x 30 (24")
Wall ball x 30 (20 pound ball)

5 rounds for time.

Linda

Deadlift - body weight x 1.5
Bench press - body weight x 1
Power clean - body weight x .75

Reps of 10,9,8...3,2,1.

Lynne

Body weight bench press x max
Pull-ups x max

5 rounds. There is no time component for this wod. Total up all the reps from each round to get score.

Mary

HSPU x 5
Pistols x 10
Pull-ups x 15

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

Nancy

400 meter run
95 pound OH squat x 15

5 rounds for time.

Nicole

400 meter run
Pull-ups x max

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes. Note the number of pull-ups completed in each round.

Amanda

Muscle-ups
Snatch

3 rounds of 9, 7, and 5 reps.

Bako Lifter
08-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I think this should be stickied :).

Also, when I have time I will post the new girls. I will aslo link a video to each girl of some of the elite crossfitters doing the workout, to give everybody a better understanding as to how they are performed, and to show how beastly these athletes really are.

ThomasG
08-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't like these. I don't see the logic in the programming in most of them. Seems like its just something trying to make you puke rather than make you more aerobically & anaerobically efficient. Maybe I'm missing something?

StLRPh
08-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Not all girls are created equally...some are good and some not so much.

Some are for improving conditioning (of various kinds) and others are more for benchmarkin and some are definitely there just to be difficult.

ncsuLuke
08-13-2011, 07:30 AM
We are having a benchmark week at my gym this week so we have been running through the list. I think my favorites are definitely Isabel and Annie. Fran is a cold bitch.

mike mcgee
08-15-2011, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=Bako Lifter;2498814]Here are the Crossfit benchmark workouts. The majority of them are named after hurricanes. /[QUOTE]

Bako, they're not named after hurricanes, they just use the same methodology in naming the workouts. "According to the National Weather Service the use of “short, distinctive given names in written as well as spoken communications is quicker and less subject to error” than “more cumbersome” identification methods, so since 1953 storms have been assigned female given names."

thecityalive
08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/Phoenix6475/IMG_2288.jpg

Figured I'd post a photo of the board where people keep track some of these stuff @ my gym (Powerhouse). Sorry for the BB rack in the way.

Thuggish
09-12-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't like these. I don't see the logic in the programming in most of them. Seems like its just something trying to make you puke rather than make you more aerobically & anaerobically efficient. Maybe I'm missing something?

I think so- they are very metabolically demanding, but they also demand from you certain levels of strength (some do, anyway,) endurance, stamina, etc... And here's the thing, and CrossFit has been saying this for a while- they don't demand one at a time, they demand them all at once. And typically, when you have someone who only demands one of these attributes at a time, they fail when asked to put them together. A good runner who is also a good deadlifter is not good at both running and deadlifting put together.

Keep in mind that this does not disparage upping your strength with deadlifts, or even running, because doing those things is also useful.

Thuggish
09-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Oh, they are also good bench marks, so if you take something like your Fran time and your Cindy time, and your max lifts, and improve them all, you know you're getting fitter. Throw in a better Murph time (hero workout, google it), and a faster mile run, and you really know you're getting somewhere.

b1gboi
10-08-2011, 07:32 AM
some of u guys need to watch ur nutrition for ur weights... or u willl injur

Chris Rodgers
10-08-2011, 08:19 AM

This is my general thoughts on it too. I have a few friends who recently got into crossfit...and by into crossfit I mean they think it is the most ultimate training system ever invented and that it makes them "cooler" for doing it. One of them used to powerlift with me and for years trained heavy, basic movements. He got f'n huge and was always one of the stronger guys in the gym. Now he tells me how "sick" it is when he does like a million reps of the snatch with like 10 lbs. He posted a workout one day that literally involved 95 lb walking lunges and I couldn't stop laughing. This is a guy who used to routinely squat 400+ lbs raw. To each their own, but it is not for me.

Alex.V
10-08-2011, 01:28 PM
A good runner who is also a good deadlifter is not good at both running and deadlifting put together.

I'll take that challenge.

Though really, define "put together". You can only do one at a time. ;)

Chris Rodgers
10-08-2011, 01:37 PM
You can only do one at a time. ;)

Pfft. Speak for yourself dude.

NITF
10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
...He posted a workout one day that literally involved 95 lb walking lunges and I couldn't stop laughing...

I don't get it... what's so funny about a conditioning work out? Seems like an odd attitude to have. I do agree with many of your observations about CrossFit aficionados, but I'm not really getting your beef with your buddy doing something different than PLing.

thecityalive
10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I just feel like the default weight they set out for men/women is just scratchable. If you can do a walking lunge (for a met con lets say) wouldnt you want to find out if you can do that movement at perhaps a heavier load?

I understand a lot of crossfit evaluation is more time/rep based for wods/metcons, but why not take that further with more weight?

Alex.V
10-11-2011, 06:51 AM
I don't get it... what's so funny about a conditioning work out? Seems like an odd attitude to have. I do agree with many of your observations about CrossFit aficionados, but I'm not really getting your beef with your buddy doing something different than PLing.

All debates on crossfit aside, just referring to those lunges... My question would be, what on earth is that conditioning FOR? I can't see the translation to ANY sport or athletic event- said activity is not doing anything to improve limit strength, it's not doing anything to improve aerobic endurance, and anaerobic endurance is highly movement-specific. "Conditioning" for its own sake, when it's prescribed for no real purpose whatsoever and no translation to any real world applications, is a waste of time.

Just my $0.02.

NITF
10-11-2011, 03:47 PM
All debates on crossfit aside, just referring to those lunges... My question would be, what on earth is that conditioning FOR? I can't see the translation to ANY sport or athletic event- said activity is not doing anything to improve limit strength, it's not doing anything to improve aerobic endurance, and anaerobic endurance is highly movement-specific. "Conditioning" for its own sake, when it's prescribed for no real purpose whatsoever and no translation to any real world applications, is a waste of time.

Just my $0.02.

That seems fair, I appreciate your explanation. However, I would still think the aforementioned workout would be good for something; at a minimum it must serve as a EPOC inducer for fat loss. Or would you suggest that there is still probably something better you could be doing?

Alex.V
10-15-2011, 12:31 PM
That seems fair, I appreciate your explanation. However, I would still think the aforementioned workout would be good for something; at a minimum it must serve as a EPOC inducer for fat loss. Or would you suggest that there is still probably something better you could be doing?

Yes, certainly, it will burn some calories over time- no argument there... but with few other benefits. Generally speaking, if you're going to expend the energy, why not focus on something that will make you stronger, or faster, or more agile, or better at your given sport or hobby, or increase your aerobic work capacity, or...

You could simply say it's a different philosophy, but there are many, many ways to burn calories or burn fat... some have great additional benefits, some have zero. Avoid the ones that have zero.

Chris Rodgers
10-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Yea what Alex said....plus it's gay.

chris mason
10-15-2011, 09:19 PM
With CF WODs it is about total work in a given period of time which DOES improve your strength endurance conditioning. Remember, they vary the WODs daily so you are constantly varying the stressor. I'll say this, every good CFer I have run across has excellent overall endurance and good strength for their size.

vdizenzo
11-14-2011, 06:55 AM
These are great. I am going to give a few a shot while I am upping my gpp before my next bench training cycle. I am going to try and be smart and not try to push myself too hard the first few times around.

chris mason
11-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Chris, I'm not sure how gay CF is. Our old friend Anthony Bainbridge just pulled 640 lbs in a full meet at the same body weight as you and he is a decent CFer. I'm just sayin...

thecityalive
11-15-2011, 02:36 PM
From what I have noticed for a few months is that a lot of the public's viewpoint of CrossFit are these middle aged people who rep out lighter loads. What I've discovered is that there are some CF boxes that implement powerlifting into their programming or perhaps have a different programming all together.

DoUgL@S
11-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Crossfit football, Crossfit strength bias and Crossfit conjugate method by Westside Barbell all focus on strength. Granted not to the extent that a power lifter would.