PDA

View Full Version : What should I do about forearm injury??

brianisalmbrjck
08-15-2011, 01:02 PM
About two months ago I was working as a grill cook at a mexican restaurant and was developing tendonitis from the constant flipping of meat and hours of dicing. At about the same time as my employment ended there I injured my self in the gym by doing a very heavy set of dumbell side laterals. Ever since that workout my right forearm has been a nuisance. It hurts the most where the tendons on top of my forearm connect to the bone in my elbow. I've continued lifting since the incident but I think my arm is slowly getting worse. I planned on completely stopping lifting for the next 2-4 weeks. Do you think this will be enough to help heal or do I need to take further action?? Please help!

Travis Bell
08-15-2011, 01:13 PM
you need to make sure you are icing it to get the inflamation down and stay away from exercises that aggrivate it.

brianisalmbrjck
08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
How often should I be icing it?

Travis Bell
08-15-2011, 06:13 PM
20min on 40min off few times a day

gmen5681
08-15-2011, 06:19 PM
just cut it off.

theBarzeen
08-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Like Travis said: ICE IT

after that, and only once you've given it some time to rest.... a week or two maybe.... I'd start up doing some very light forearm work. I had the ulnar nerve light up in my elbow over last winter and the added forearm work really helped it a lot.

brianisalmbrjck
08-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks a lot for the tips, guys. I'm going to start taking icing more seriously and after a couple weeks of rest start working on rebuilding my grip strength before going back to heavy lifting.