PDA

View Full Version : Metal Jack briefs

NickAus
08-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Metal Jack briefs.

Anyone used them? Thoughts?

Anyone used them sumo?

My boss are stretched out and I was going to get the same again but Im interested in the jack becuase the legs stick right out to the sides which may allow me to pull in them.

Thanks guys!

drew
08-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Just reading the copy on Elite's website, it says they are angled out more than the Ace. I use the Ace briefs and squat fairly wide, so for a wide squatter they would probably be great. I would send a message to Jo Jordan on Elite and ask his opinion, he can also help you get the right size. If I were in the market for new briefs, I would definitely get the Jack. Just based on how easy it was to get the Ace briefs to work for me.

Steve D
08-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Ted Toalston posted pictures in his log (links below) in June comparing Jack briefs to Ace if that helps. I've used the Jack suit a couple times now, which has a similar cut. It is made for wide stances. The seams are cut at a higher angle which actually helps push the knees out and material in the crotch is very thick for stopping in the hole. The legs appear to be bigger as well, which helped me and others in the gym for fit.

http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=148031&tid=174
http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=148033&tid=174
http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=148034&tid=174

Dank27
08-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I hear a lot of good things about them but I think I am going to end up with the Overkill briefs. I love the shirt and the material really seems to be top notch.

theBarzeen
08-16-2011, 03:32 PM
I hear a lot of good things about them but I think I am going to end up with the Overkill briefs. I love the shirt and the material really seems to be top notch.

I'm going on to year 3 in my Overkill 3-ply briefs..... still hitting PR's

With that said, I didn't like the ACE briefs. Lots of stop but not much follow through. The Jack DOES look like it'd work a lot better as it seems to stretch more. I prefer a brief that has very little stop and a canvas suit so that I can dial it in with the straps. Guys in an all poly set up might like them better.....

ChadDresden
08-16-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm going on to year 3 in my Overkill 3-ply briefs..... still hitting PR's

With that said, I didn't like the ACE briefs. Lots of stop but not much follow through. The Jack DOES look like it'd work a lot better as it seems to stretch more. I prefer a brief that has very little stop and a canvas suit so that I can dial it in with the straps. Guys in an all poly set up might like them better.....

Did you try the 2-ply Overkill briefs first? I have a pair now and I love them but I am going to get the canvas-poly hybrid this winter and I was wondering if I should switch to the 3-ply...was it a big change? I 'm looking to squat 800-830 in my first multiply meet this fall and I was wondering if you have an opinion on how much you should be able to squat to be able to handle the 3 ply...

StormTheBeach
08-17-2011, 05:42 AM
I've got a pair of the jack briefs. They are my first peice of multiply equipment. I don't know if this really means anything with my limited experience in multiply but I love them. The learning curve is about zero and I hit a 100lb record in my first workout with them. I squat pretty wide and that seems to be what they are made for. I am definitely going to get the squat suit and shirt when they become available in the states.

theBarzeen
08-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Did you try the 2-ply Overkill briefs first? I have a pair now and I love them but I am going to get the canvas-poly hybrid this winter and I was wondering if I should switch to the 3-ply...was it a big change? I 'm looking to squat 800-830 in my first multiply meet this fall and I was wondering if you have an opinion on how much you should be able to squat to be able to handle the 3 ply...

Look for a PM, I don't want to hijack this thread too badly.

If anyone else was wondering the same thing about the Overkill briefs I will gladly start a new thread, but I'm not here to overkill-troll a thread on a new Metal product.

NickAus
09-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Anyone else used the Jack briefs?

Thanks!