PDA

View Full Version : Best New Jump Rope

Patz
08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I know some of the crossfitters are either struggling with or looking to improve their double unders. This rope is worth checking out.

http://www.againfaster.com/jump-ropes/

First rope on the page. It came out recently and let me tell you..I've tried just about every style rope in the market. My favorite is the Buddy Lee Aero Speed. I've done 100 straight double unders with it and I fully expect to crush that with this new one. I've tried a couple already and they're PERFECTLY weighted and balanced.

This rope absolutely FLIES and with less wrist effort and shorter jumps. Go get one!

ncsuLuke
08-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I have found the biggest thing for me is rope length. If I use a rope that is too long I can't string many together and the same goes for ones that are too short. Haven't done 100 straight yet but that is definitely a goal of mine in the next couple of months.

ThomasG
08-18-2011, 05:00 AM
buddy lee jumpropes are my fav

arctic
08-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Looks a lot like Rogue's ultra speed jumprope, but twice as expensive:

http://www.roguefitness.com/ultra-speed-cable-jump-ropes.php

Patz
08-23-2011, 03:34 AM
that looks nice too. im sure someone at the gym had one. gonna check it out.

Patz
08-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Found one. It's a fast rope. Faster than mine. Then I grabbed the Again Faster rope and it's still head and shoulders above the Rogue. That bearing mechanism and perfect cable weight on the AF rope is just so smooth. I gotsta get me one!

mike mcgee
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I have tried a couple different ropes and the one that worked best for me was the RX Jump Rope, http://rxjumpropes.intuitwebsites.com/ (wfs). I was actually able to hit 50 consecutive DUs with it. I was lucky if I could do 10 with the other ropes.

KingWilder
09-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Another vote for RXJumpRopes

only rope I'll use now.

Patz
09-07-2011, 08:31 AM
I got the Again Faster rope. I got my length set, practiced for a few and went for it. Got 101 doubles. I had already done Nancy plus 2 sled drags. Ive never done over 50-60 with that much leg work beforehand. This rope is badass.

hoo2b
10-03-2011, 10:15 AM
any suggestions for someone getting started with jump ropes?? One of my knees is a bit weak after blowing out my ACL back in '97...PT was so expensive, so I only did what I could on my own...

I remember a time, so long ago, where we used to jump for volleyball, when I served in the Army and I loved it.

so, yeah, any suggestions?

thanks

Patz
10-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Just grab a rope and do it!

Work on single speed, focus on hand position and regulate your jump height so there's no wasted energy. Do backwards singles and get them speedy as well. Once your singles are smooth and reasonably smooth, go for doubles. Try to get 2 singles then a double, then work on repeating that. You'll know when you're ready to move-on, but don't get in a rush.

Try afewropes if you can. Avoid the huge ones at wal mart. There's lots of good deals online.