PDA

View Full Version : Great new Alan Aragon article!

chris mason
08-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Alan Aragon goes into depth about the myths and facts surrounding the concept of "clean" vs. "dirty" dieting. A must read for any fitness conscious individual.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

bamazav
08-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Alan Aragon goes into depth about the myths and facts surrounding the concept of "clean" vs. "dirty" dieting. A must read for any fitness conscious individual.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/Fantastic article and a must read. Thanks Alan for the hard work. I, for one, am happy to benefit.

Alan Aragon
08-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Fantastic article and a must read. Thanks Alan for the hard work. I, for one, am happy to benefit.

Glad you found the article useful!

Thanks to Chris for inviting me to contribute.

chris mason
08-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Alan, just an FYI this identical thread is also in the bodybuilding and general chat forums.

Alan Aragon
08-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the head's up, Chris.

erika
08-18-2011, 08:24 PM

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

The article is really helpful, it must be read by everyone it has a lot of information and I really enjoy reading this article.

RichMcGuire
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Yea, I almost wish it was a stickied article so more people didnt food discriminate.

Keen_Machine
02-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Just out of curiousity about this article. I was wondering what's everyone's opinions/experiences are on this and in particular the 10-20% coming from any food you'd like?

From experience does this affect your overall shape/tone at all?

I mean I do it anyway just because I've had problems in the past where I've eaten clean the whole week then ate out one day and said f*** it and ditched the diet all together.

Now I moderately sneak certain foods in to satisfy my cravings and not go all out!

Would be interested in hearing your opinions!

Thanks

CarlP
02-12-2012, 07:36 AM
I never knew bodybuilders avoided milk. Around here, milk is the answer to half the questions in the diet section.

Behemoth
02-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Just out of curiousity about this article. I was wondering what's everyone's opinions/experiences are on this and in particular the 10-20% coming from any food you'd like?

I mean I do it anyway just because I've had problems in the past where I've eaten clean the whole week then ate out one day and said f*** it and ditched the diet all together.

Now I moderately sneak certain foods in to satisfy my cravings and not go all out!

Thanks

It will never amount to a tangible difference.

f=ma
02-12-2012, 07:58 AM
I never knew bodybuilders avoided milk. Around here, milk is the answer to half the questions in the diet section.

i think the answer to that is varied. lactose definitely bloats me like a PMSing woman... but at certain stages, thats fine by me. the macros of skim and 2% cheese are great as far as taste and content. however, if i am dieting at later stages, i will eventually cut all of the dairy out

Behemoth
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
i think the answer to that is varied. lactose definitely bloats me like a PMSing woman... but at certain stages, thats fine by me. the macros of skim and 2% cheese are great as far as taste and content. however, if i am dieting at later stages, i will eventually cut all of the dairy out

But not just because it's "dairy" but rather because of the macros that don't work at that point, right?

I think Alan's alluding to the long stood old wives tales of dairy products inherently being bad for cutting irrelevant of macro content, no?

ZAR-FIT
02-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Thanks

Personally I do both, I'll have a meal thats usually every 2 or 3 days thats not "written" in the diet. But its nothing that will set off the "binge and f*ck it" trigger. This will be like having sushi or eating out at a steak house... its something that still fits the macros of my plan...
BUT about every 2 weeks I'll have that full blown Ice cream and pie blowout... the next day i'm bloated from the extra sodium and carbs but it all levels out...
I can do this now cause there is no immediate plans for cutting up yet... bulking phase right now.

Also, I never was a big milk drinker... still dont. I have my whey protein, but other than that the only dairy i'm getting is from the cheat meal icecream...

chevelle2291
02-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Thanks

Makes no difference from what I've experienced.

Last summer i dieted eating ice cream every day, and mcdonalds cheeseburgers relatively often. Results were pretty good.

From a satiety viewpoint, however, the rice and chicken meals do a better job.