PDA

View Full Version : RAW vs SUMO Gear

basbolstar
08-18-2011, 06:37 AM
Anyone here pull more Conv. Raw then Sumo Raw?

I have pulled close to 600 lbs Sumo(gear). But pulling raw sumo, I dont get the same pop as I do con. raw. Curious if anyone else felt this way.

Thoughts?

Dank27
08-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Well you cannot expect to have the "pop" off the floor pulling raw that you do in gear. That is what gear is meant for. However I am a conventional lifter who is trying to make the switch to sumo.

Raw conventional also promotes more of a natural pop from your body. That could be the reason for the difference

chris mason
08-18-2011, 09:43 AM
You just have a relative weakness in your groin and hips.

theBarzeen
08-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I pull WAY less sumo than I do conventional ( raw and geared).... I have a strong back and weak hips. That, and my belly works nice for some pop off of the floor when pulling conventional.

jtteg_x
08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm in the same boat as you (OP). I can pull more sumo (raw AND equipped) than conventional. My hips are much stronger than my back. I do train both as they provide carry over to each another. I also find that pulling in gear sumo stance offers a better carryover than conventional as well.

NickAus
08-19-2011, 03:49 AM
My raw conv and sumo are about the same but I use lots of back with my sumo because its better IMO.