PDA

View Full Version : The APF Alabama Championships has a new home!

mastermonster
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
The 2011 APF/AAPF Alabama Championships will be held on Dec. 10th at it's new home, The 'Comfort Suites' at the Rainbow City / Attalla exit off of I-59 in Gadsden, Al. We will again have it back in a hotel so the competitors can stay where they are competing. There are several nice restaurants right there including a Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday's, Austin's and a really nice Mexican restaurant; all in short walking distance. The Gadsden Regional Airport is off this exit as well, and the Birmingham International Airport is just 60 miles down I-59. It is a very nice place and I think everyone will enjoy the new home! I will have an entry form up at www.worldpowerliftingcongress.com (the APF/WPC website) very soon. We will have equipped and raw PL, BO, and DL only. Very nice Championship Medals and Best Lifter awards. We will award places 1-3 in each category. This is also a new time of the year for us, and we hope everyone can make it down to Gadsden to have a 'Big Ole Iron Party' with us. It is open entry to any APF/AAPF member. Lifters new to the APF/AAPF can join at registration. So, come on down and let's have some FFFUUUNNN!!!

Beverly McD.
08-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a good venue Buddy. Especially the restaurants :burger:

JK1
08-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info Buddy. I am planning on doing this meet if things go right with work and I can get my equipment working the way I want it. I guess I need to read the APF rule book again.

mastermonster
09-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks Bev! Hey Jake! Looking forward to you coming up. The only difference I can think of from the SPF is the squat command is still in the APF and no knee wraps for raw. Wrist wraps are O.K. Hope training is going well!