PDA

View Full Version : westside supp work

Bosshogg300
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
After reading up on some westside articles I noticed something that I previously didn't realize the million other times I have read the articles, for the supp work on one day it was not a pressing movement like lockouts or cg bench but a extension instead, I have always done a pressing movement for my supp work for both bench days and now I am wondering if I was overtraining and not giving my body enough time to recover, so should I switch it or keep it the same

kingns
08-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Its not just about recovery but extensions work your triceps really well and if you always do pressing stuff you arent gonna hit your tris as hard (in my opinion). Pressingg exercises are cool and all but I think heavy skull crushers hit my tris harder than heavy close grip benching which also hits my delts and pecs

Chicksanboy
08-23-2011, 12:43 PM
This is just my opinion, and I am by no means a record holder, but I always go by feel. If my elbows are bothering me, I usually go with a pressing movement, be it close grip, incline close grip or maybe some dumbell floor press. If I do one of these movements, I always follow it up with a high rep press down. None of these seem to aggrivate my elbows. Now if they are feeling good, I will choose an extension, be it barbell to the neck, nose or forhead, or dumbell rollbacks...something along those lines. Hope this gives you a bit of variety. Good luck

JRD
08-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Do both, all different variations of each, you need to figure out and do the movements that makes YOUR bench stronger.

MrBean
08-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Press for delts and extensions for tri's. Sometimes on different days or on the same day depending on feel.