PDA

View Full Version : whats a good way to break in a DL suit?

jtteg_x
08-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I got myself and the lady the Metal Pro deadlifter and am looking for ideas to break it in. We started off with 4" block pulls which was quite easy for me but she had a difficult time getting her hips down which restricted her breathing. I went one size up for her for a more looser fit but shes so comfortable with her Inzer Max DL material (much more stretchy like) compared to this Metal suit. I really don't want her to give up hope only after 1 training session so I'm looking for ideas that will help her build confidence in this solid suit.
:help:

kingns
08-25-2011, 07:47 PM
I find the DL suit requires more practice than a bench shirt or squat suit to get the most out of it, Since you have to load it yourself. I would put it on early in your workout, and practice a hell of a lot from the floor. I tihnk going from blocks is a waste because you are not doing the part of the process that is hard (getting to the bar, getting your arch, loading the suit, and pulling with good form). Just pull from the floor a lot until your proficient w it. IF your straps are adjustable progressively get them tighter as your technique gets better.
Also I found that I have to take a biiig breath and hold it before I get down to the bar otherwise its too hard to keep my air.

theBarzeen
08-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Practice lots in it to learn it... As for actually breaking it in, i like to do a light squat day in 'em.

basbolstar
08-26-2011, 05:54 AM
I sometimes wet the legs. It helps stretch it a bit.

Tom Mutaffis
08-26-2011, 08:22 AM
I got myself and the lady the Metal Pro deadlifter and am looking for ideas to break it in. We started off with 4" block pulls which was quite easy for me but she had a difficult time getting her hips down which restricted her breathing. I went one size up for her for a more looser fit but shes so comfortable with her Inzer Max DL material (much more stretchy like) compared to this Metal suit. I really don't want her to give up hope only after 1 training session so I'm looking for ideas that will help her build confidence in this solid suit.
:help:

I would start off with rack pulls and then work your way down to the floor from there.

After you wear the suit a couple of times you should get used to the differences in technique; in some cases you may even need to 'pull yourself down to the bar'.