PDA

View Full Version : 365 & 405 reverse band bench

Kevin K
08-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Here's some video of me benching 365 and 405 (well getting crushed with 405) using reverse EliteFTS light bands. Tell me what ya'll think and where it need to improve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr25GkeMj10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p1k_OlRNIk

Pure Water
08-30-2011, 10:09 AM
365 looked easy for you! Keep training hard and I'm sure you'll that 405 soon. Good luck!

Travis Bell
08-30-2011, 11:55 AM
That was way too big of a jump for you. You really want to avoid missing weights in the gym. It creates bad habits and messes with your workload.

you don't look very tight on the bench but it's hard to see from that angle.

More lat, upper back work would help

Kevin K
08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks Travis! The reason I jumped to 405 was that 365 felt easy. I already do about 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps for back work. Would you suggest that I do more back work?

JRD
08-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks Travis! The reason I jumped to 405 was that 365 felt easy. I already do about 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps for back work. Would you suggest that I do more back work?

This is all the upper back work you do all week? You should be doing at least one upper back movement 2-3 times a week, be sure to vary the volume and intensity.

Also looks like you could use more leg drive when lowering the bar(basically you need to get tighter, like travis said.)

Kevin K
08-30-2011, 01:24 PM
This is all the upper back work you do all week? You should be doing at least one upper back movement 2-3 times a week, be sure to vary the volume and intensity.

Also looks like you could use more leg drive when lowering the bar(basically you need to get tighter, like travis said.)

No, I meant I do that much each training day (3 days a week). I've been thinking about doing back work by dragging a sled.

JRD
08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Ok try to do some heavy row movements (bent over, chest supported etc.) 3 sets of 5 with heavy weight one day of the week.

You need to get tighter/use more leg drive. It looked like your legs were semi relaxed when you lowered the bar then you pushed hard with your legs to try and heave the bar off your chest. You should be pushing your heals down as hard as you possibly can from the unrack to the rerack. Your allowing your back to flatten out and your shoulders to come off the bench by not pushing your upper back hard into the bench with your legs throughout the lift.