PDA

View Full Version : TRX suspension training.

NYYLonghorn
09-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Im looking into purchasing the Trx suspension trainer for use on weekends or when I dont feel like going to the gym. I was wondering which was a better system the TRX force or Trx pro. As well as your experiences with it and if you would recommend it to someone.

thecityalive
09-02-2011, 12:24 PM
I feel like you could just make a DIY version with some nylon straps, plastic rings, and some carabiners.

kingns
09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
THeyre cool but if you have chains you can just loop the 3/8" chains up, put handles on em (I used fat grips) and use them like the fancy trx system.

Runty
09-03-2011, 07:16 PM
These guys are right. Better off just making your own or at worst buying a decent pair of rings from somewhere. TRX and similar systems are way overpriced. You can also get videos of exercises to do from youtube or google so you don't need the included DVDs.

vdizenzo
09-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I used a homemade pair for a while that were fine. Then I saw blast straps on elitefts during a sale for $59. This was a great investment. Very stable and very well made. They are a nice comprimise between homemade and the trx. Give them a look.

Sensei
09-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Of course you could probably rig up something with blast straps, tie-downs, etc... but, I think buying the actually probably not a bad thing if you want it. It's a nice piece of equipment - certainly worth it if you use it.

I wish I could give you thoughts on both - I can't. I don't know what the difference between the two products are.

ThomasG
09-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I got some oly rings with straps for $25 off ebay.

fitcrunch
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
I prefer the human trainer. Unlike TRX it is dual anchor so you can do a lot more exercises that you cannot do with a single anchor system.