PDA

View Full Version : Wrist pain

mike42506
09-02-2011, 07:26 AM
today during my benching and deadlifting I noticed a slight pain in my wrist but thought nothing of it and had no problem finishing my heavy deadlifts. About 4 hours later the pain got a lot worse and feels like something is injured. I've been stretching and icing it consistently but i'm curious how long I'm gonna need to rest. The pain is located on the under side of my wrist, on the opposite side from my thumb. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Travis Bell
09-02-2011, 08:34 AM
There are some flexor tendons around there. You might have pulled one. Probably just going to need a lot of ice and then maybe some heat afterwards. I've had wrist pain in the past and it kinda was a bit of trial and error as far as fixing it. If heat made it worse then I stuck with ice and vice versa.

After a few days I started some light wrist work and it healed up fairly quickly.

If the pain is throbbing and does not get better you probably need to head into the doc and see if you did some further damage. Look for swelling in the area. That's never good.

Brian C
09-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Ive had a similar pain rcently. On top of what Travis said, instead of straight ice, try submerging it in ice water. Hits it alot better. About 4 minutes at a time if you can. Worked for me. Also, when you start benching again, wrap your wrists high.

ScottYard
09-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Ive had a similar pain rcently. On top of what Travis said, instead of straight ice, try submerging it in ice water. Hits it alot better. About 4 minutes at a time if you can. Worked for me. Also, when you start benching again, wrap your wrists high.

This works really good.. I did this after heavy shirted sessions for years