PDA

View Full Version : 3 Strongest Men in the World

chris mason
09-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Ok, what do these 3 all have in common?

1) They each have a top 3 all-time (regardless of weight class) total
2) They each train, or have trained at Westside Barbell
3) They each use AtLarge Nutrition supplements

Maybe our shit is pretty decent? I don't know?

chris mason
09-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Dave Hoff - he can bench 945 lbs in a full meet!

Mark!
09-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Well, I can't speak of your "shit" but I can say you've definitely got one of the best supplement lines out there, no bullshit. I like your business style, no lies no bullshit just quality, it's all around great stuff.

thecityalive
09-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I miss the white tees.

Dank27
09-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I just placed my first order with you guys. I ahve heard a lot of good things

chris mason
09-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Thank you! We appreciate the business and any referrals.

jtteg_x
09-05-2011, 06:30 PM
awesome! i refer all my gym rat/buddies/partners to ALN. i train at the local 24hr fitness doing equipped lifting, everyone always asks me wth i take and so i tell em ALN products and give them the website!

Dave Hoff is the man. I love watching all his videos because it just makes me want to lift heavy shit

Rob Luyando
09-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Might have to Argue..... Shawn Frankl and Ed Coan aren't in that picture

mastermonster
09-06-2011, 10:32 AM

I'll have to agree with Rob here. All 3 belong in the arguement, but considering the advances in gear over the years you can't just look at the biggest #'s anymore (except comparing raw to raw, or classic or whatever is the present term). I'd have to put Shawn Frankle and Ed Coan in there too, and Garry Frank. Both hit ungodly #'s in very modest gear by todays standards. Ed sometimes didn't even use a shirt or DL suit, and Garry's 2805 was done in a 1 ply Hardcore suit to squat and DL while the only 2 ply piece he wore that day was a Rage X shirt. There are others like Kaz from the past that would have to be considered, and several more. But these 3 definately belong in the arguement. I've seen them all lift in person and they are all phenominal! Definately the best of today!...and maybe ever. But that will always be a 'maybe' considering the differences in gear over the years. We'll never really be able to answer that question. P.S. Congrats to all of the Westside guys on their resent results and records!

chris mason
09-06-2011, 10:54 AM

Both ridiculously strong men, but my statement was based upon their totals which are top 3 of all time. Yes, an argument can be made for gear, federation etc., but my goal wasn't to write a Russian novel, just to come up with a succinct caption.

LilHillbilly
09-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Ill have to try out your recovery line, I think.

mastermonster
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Both ridiculously strong men, but my statement was based upon their totals which are top 3 of all time. Yes, an argument can be made for gear, federation etc., but my goal wasn't to write a Russian novel, just to come up with a succinct caption.

Fair enough!

Pure Water
09-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I'll be buying your supplements as soon as I get a credit card.

chris mason
09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
I'll be buying your supplements as soon as I get a credit card.

Thank you :). Just an FYI you we accept PayPal and you can always mail us a check or money order.

Rob Luyando
09-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Just stiring the pot. Frankl is all-time total record holder in two weight classed 198 and 220.

Runty
09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Maybe our shit is pretty decent? I don't know?

You guys are definitely doing something right, that's for sure.

I think you guys should throw that quote on the products as a pitch line, lol.

DetKimble
09-07-2011, 01:19 PM
donnie thompson is a giant

greemah
09-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I would purchase but live in NZ

chris mason
09-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Just stiring the pot. Frankl is all-time total record holder in two weight classed 198 and 220.

Yep, and I think he and Hoff are probably the two most impressive lifters on the planet. Both are crazy strong for their size.

stlpower123
09-11-2011, 10:07 PM
im more impressed with zydrunas savikas and brian shaw myself than the current multiply/spf fad

chris mason
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
im more impressed with zydrunas savikas and brian shaw myself than the current multiply/spf fad

That's great. I wonder how many times you have taken an 1,100+ lbs squat in full gear?

krazylarry
09-12-2011, 01:11 AM
This is one of my favorite lines.
"Donnie uses AtLarge’s products (Maximus like it is going out of fashion!) "

Super strong dudes, everyone stop the hate.

J L S
09-12-2011, 03:48 PM
That's great. I wonder how many times you have taken an 1,100+ lbs squat in full gear?

pretty harsh answer, cant really compare strongman to multli ply lifting... cant really compare multi ply lifting to anything either these days, its a whole other world, coan walked those kinds of weights out though and didnt have the equipment of todays lifters

and just for the record my favourite man to ever grace the sport of PL'ing is vogepohl, so im not trying to illicit a respone/arguement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AtnWZykK94

personally, thats ten times more impressive to me than some of the lifts being passed today but as i said before, apples and oranges, gears here to stay and so are the 'big' lifts it seems

chris mason
09-12-2011, 07:26 PM
pretty harsh answer, cant really compare strongman to multli ply lifting... cant really compare multi ply lifting to anything either these days, its a whole other world, coan walked those kinds of weights out though and didnt have the equipment of todays lifters

and just for the record my favourite man to ever grace the sport of PL'ing is vogepohl, so im not trying to illicit a respone/arguement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AtnWZykK94

personally, thats ten times more impressive to me than some of the lifts being passed today but as i said before, apples and oranges, gears here to stay and so are the 'big' lifts it seems

The answer was relative to his disparaging comment about the "fad" blah, blah, blah.

You are so wrong about what can be and can't be compared. You don't know shit. How's that for harsh? Did you know some guys lift in single ply gear simply because they can get MORE out of it than multi-ply? How about the raw people's hero Malanchev (sp?)? He squatted almost a grand raw and hardly anything more in gear. Gee, the gear really added thousands to his lifting... Maybe there is something to be respected about those who DO get more out of their gear?

Sure, gear helps, but with specific training the strongest geared would, as a rule, be the strongest raw. That's just how it works. Strong is strong.

Thuggish
09-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Sure, gear helps, but with specific training the strongest geared would, as a rule, be the strongest raw. That's just how it works. Strong is strong.

To play devil's advocate, is it not possible that the strongest in gear might not be the strongest raw, as well as the strongest raw not being the strongest geared? The raw guy might have less lockout strength but more out of the bottom, and the geared guy might be the opposite. So... you know... they're different.

And keep in mind this is really a mental exercise, unlike the ridiculously heavy physical exercises the top lifters in ANY category do.

chris mason
09-13-2011, 10:02 AM
A possibility, but it just doesn't seem to work that way in practice. Lockout power is a function of training specificity as is bottom end power in the bench. The strongest find a way to be the strongest regardless of circumstance and that is what is missed by all of the IPF and raw freaks who claim foul when guys like Donnie, Frankl, Hoff, and others do their thing.

ajweins
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Gotta agree with Chris here. I train with Frankl. The guys raw strength is incredible. And Big Iron trains in gear pretty much the whole way til their meets.