PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Gear Wraps

Chris Smith
09-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Just received a pair of their 36 inch wrist wraps this week. Thought I would give some feedback. They are a thicker wrap, with alot of stretch to them. You can wrap them to be "cast like" on your wrist, or loosen them up a bit for lighter work sets. Very comfortable on your wrists as well. The velcro seems to be high quality, too. It's a great all around wrap. If anyone is looking for new wraps, give them a try.

Dank27
09-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Got any pics? Also where'd u get em and how much they run u?

Travis Bell
09-08-2011, 07:20 PM
http://rhinopowergear.mybigcommerce.com/rhino-36-inch-wrist-wraps/

Good review Smitty! I may pick up a pair of these. My convicts are wearing out quickly lol plus they shred my wrists

Mark!
09-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I've got the 12 inch Inzer wraps I bought when I first started lifting, and I've never been happy with them. With that short of a length, they've either gotta be super tight, or not at all. I haven't been totally happy with Inzer stuff, but I've heard great reviews about Rhino wraps, so I'm gonna place an order pretty soon and check them out. Travis, I know you said they shred your wrists, but I've also heard good things about APT's stuff, worth the try? Or just go with Rhino?

Travis Bell
09-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I'd just go with Rhino more because APT has really struggled with service lately. Buying wraps shouldn't be as difficult as it has been from APT lately.

Don't get me wrong, the Convicts are awesome, I just wear them super tight on heavy sets and if I'm in my shirt or wearing them for both sessions it really rubs them raw.

Chris Smith
09-09-2011, 12:39 AM
I love my Convicts too, Travis. I was wanting another pair of wraps, and was tired of waiting on APT. lol. They seem to be down right brutal on keeping any type of inventory for some time now. I had an old pair of Inzer wraps I had used for training for the past 6 years or so, but they are completely worn out. I had all my training partners use the Rhino wraps for some of their sets on Wednesday, and they all loved them, too.

MrBean
09-09-2011, 10:46 AM
I've been waiting over two months for wraps from said supplier. Rhino wraps sound like a good alterante.
website www.rhinopowergear.com

JoeyV
09-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the 12 inch, 24 inch, and 36 inch? Is it just more support the longer the wrap?

Dank27
09-12-2011, 08:36 AM
After calling APT and having them tell me it would be 5 weeks before I could get a pair of convicts and 3 weeks before they will have the strangulators in. I ordered some Rhino wraps. Thanks for the great write up and review.

Rob Luyando
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Chris was there ever a doubt? I would never stear you astray

Mark!
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the 12 inch, 24 inch, and 36 inch? Is it just more support the longer the wrap?

Speaking from experience with using my 12 inch wraps, then a friends 36 inch wraps, the 12 inch wraps HAVE to be tight to get any support from, so on heavier sets their decent, but lighter sets when you just want some support there, and not cutting off circulation, they're a waste. Plus I can never get my 12 inch wraps higher in my palm like the 36 inch wraps, thus giving a ton more support, making the wrist/hand as one solid piece.

JoeyV
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks Mark, I was wondering for a smaller person like myself, would you say the 18 inch wraps would be perfect?

Mark!
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks Mark, I was wondering for a smaller person like myself, would you say the 18 inch wraps would be perfect?

You could always try them and see how they feel, part of it is personal preference, however, in my personal opinion it's a bit better to have them longer, than too short. What part of Texas are you in?

JoeyV
09-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Brownsville, The southernmost tip of Texas.

theBarzeen
09-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Rhino's are pretty comfortable, I like them for lighter stuff. For the heavy pressing I'm using Overkill's new wrap now. The Overkills are WAY more supportive, but not as comfortable as the rhinos for when you are just doing lighter work.

Mark!
09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Brownsville, The southernmost tip of Texas.

Always wanted to visit there, even though I've heard there's absolutely nothing down there, haha.

Dank27
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Rhino's are pretty comfortable, I like them for lighter stuff. For the heavy pressing I'm using Overkill's new wrap now. The Overkills are WAY more supportive, but not as comfortable as the rhinos for when you are just doing lighter work.

When is rudy gonna get the website up and running? You got a pic of the OK wraps?

theBarzeen
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
When is rudy gonna get the website up and running? You got a pic of the OK wraps?

no idea on the web site..... sorry.

I can get a few pics of the wraps next time I'm at the gym ( I leave my stuff there when I can so that I can take the motorcycle instead of the less fuel-efficient truck)
They look like TP5000's though. They are stiffer and stretchier than the TP5000's but they are much harder to stretch.... it's hard to describe. You can stretch them farther, but it takes more force to do it. They feel cast like, but keep squeezing after they are wrapped tight ( like TP5000 and APT had a love child)....

When I get a few pics I'll start a new thread as to not hijack this one any further.

JoeyV
09-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Haha, yeah.. its true.

Mark!
09-14-2011, 10:24 PM
I"m new to the forum here.I am like this foum.

Louis Vuitton!?!?! THE handbag maker? Holy fucking shit dude...my wife would love to meet you!!!!!!!

Dank27
09-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Just got my Rhinos. They feel completly different than my z wraps and my metal wraps. Lots of stretch. Would reccomend.

Chris Smith
09-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I bench over 700, and the Rhino's give me plenty of support--you just gotta crank them tight.

alexspt
09-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow Chris thats a big bench...
I'll have to try these Rhino wraps and see if they make a big difference or not.