PDA

View Full Version : Need some shirt alterations

Dank27
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey guys.

I just need to get the sleeves on my single ply rage x shortened. Is this something I can trust a typical taylor with? If not what do you all suggest?

Thanks guys

theBarzeen
09-11-2011, 08:52 PM
shortened is really easy..... any tailor can to that.

If they are tightening something up there are a few things to make sure that they do, but just shortening it is easy.
Bring in a spool of thread with you, you need #69 or 81 nylon bonded thread. ( most tailors have an industrial machine that can run #69, show repair places can run 81 or 69)
If they have a zigzag machine have them go over the last inch or two before the edge ( on the seam) just to make sure it doesn't blow out. IF not have them double it over like the cuff the shirt comes with and just do 3 or 4 passes around.

Or you can do like I do and just order and Overkill :)

Dank27
09-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Thts pretty much what I thought.

I already have a 2ply overkill and I love it. I sometimes like to do so,e one ply work now and my rage x always had an extra inch on the sleeves so I figured while I am still breaking in the OK I will get it fixed.

Thanks for the help

Brian C
09-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Or just have a training partner roll the sleeve up over the elbow after its seated. Simple fix for me in my SDP.

Rob Luyando
09-12-2011, 11:10 AM
I would shorten it right into the garbage and order a Single Ply Overkill