PDA

View Full Version : Water In...water Out??????

Wolfgar73
05-25-2002, 09:01 PM
I read recently where if your cutting for a contest..you should drink lots of water to shed water..kinda weird?? it said you up your water intake very high ..then cut it drastcally a few days out before the show..does this sound right????

Silverback
05-26-2002, 03:07 AM
i think this is right, i watched a tv programme on discovery health channel, about the secret lives of bodybuilders, showing the progress of three people trying to become.

when it came to contest they took in extra water to 'fill' their muscles to the max, then cut it out to gain 'maximum defintion', their foods that they ate had to be specific also, to avoid bloating and gain definition.

martijn
05-26-2002, 08:35 AM
When you drink much water your skin will let go of the water that it is holding so it will not dry out. This way they are able to show more definition of the muscle.

Clark
05-26-2002, 08:03 PM
also, when you drink a lot of water it will flush out the remaining sodium from your muscles which will reduce your water retention. therefore adding to the shredded look

Shocker
05-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Is this called "Osmosis"

On the weekends I start the day with a strong black coffee at the cafe, then drink four litres of water in the next three hours between 8 & 11 am.
It is total a piss-athon.

Budiak
05-27-2002, 02:50 AM
Yes, when you drink a lot of water the body doesnt need to retain it because it is getting a ready supply, which reduces the need to hold it.

THen immediately before a contest, they cut out a lot of the water and eat extremely specific foods to minimize retention, which causes any remaining water to be removed. Then they may partake in sodium loading, which temporarily dries out the skin making it extremely tight.

Of course, three days after the contest they've gained 10-15lbs of water because they've gone to a semi-regular diet.
I know of a guy who got 2nd place in the Mr. Chico BB contest who gained 20lbs of water in about 5 days after his contest.

Wolfgar73
05-27-2002, 05:43 AM
CHICO???? man when I was stationed at BEALE AFB CA I went there for the women all the time..man what a town that was ..brings back fond memories of my younger days..... :hump: :hump: