PDA

View Full Version : So I finally Pulled the Trigger

Dank27
09-19-2011, 09:46 AM
I have been mulling over a new deadlift suit for quite some time.
Saturday I finally made my final decision and based on how much I love my 2 ply Overkill shirt I decided to continue the trend and go with a 2ply Overkill deadlift.

Rudy is going to cut it for a conventional style and I also added the velcro straps to help with some weight fluctuation.

Very excited. Anyone who has any experience lifting in the Poly suits please chime in. Thanks

Dan

theBarzeen
09-20-2011, 04:18 PM
http://youtu.be/Zm6n1XcGELg

My wife, Kristin pulls 285(sumo) in her Overkill suit at 4:50, at 5:25 I pull 7 plates, and at 5:38 I hit a PR of 735(conventional).

All using Overkill 2-ply deadlift suits. I should add that my wife's is really loose as she just dropped a weight class.

Keep the straps LOOSE and drop your hips back and down to start the pull.

The suit has been great for me, I pull in it without briefs and I keep hitting PR's a year in to the life of the suit.

jtteg_x
09-20-2011, 08:05 PM
good call on having velcro straps. they are extremely helpful in every way you can imagine. you can read my reviews on all the PL gear I had in a thread I made in this PL section ;)

NickAus
09-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Sounds good, a review would be cool when you get it :)

Dank27
09-21-2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the Vid Bar

jtteg_x my last suit had sewn straps and due to my height and the fact that it was a stock size it developed some bad habits in my posture. Lifting raw has done a lot to correct that and I figured now with a customer suit and adjustable straps I can dial it in a bit more exact now.

Build time is approx 6 weeks but as soon as I get it and get some workouts in I will give a very in depth review