PDA

View Full Version : In need of help

shocker4221
09-21-2011, 09:53 PM
I've been doing the 3 main powerlifting lifts for just over a year now and have posted several videos and seeked advice from many of you on this site. Everyone has been great and provided excellent assistance but I've been trying to find a gym where I can go get some in person critique. I live in North Florida and far from any major city, I have attempted to contact several gyms that have powerlifters but have yet to receive any response. Can anyone suggest a gym or lifter I could contact? Thanks.

jtteg_x
09-21-2011, 09:57 PM
did you get a chance to check out http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420?

shocker4221
09-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah, thats where I got emails and numbers to the closest gyms. I've even sent messages out to gyms 4 hrs away.

mike95763
09-21-2011, 10:45 PM
It would be a few hours, but Orlando Barbell would be a great option. Brian Schwab and Daniel Tinajero train there; both are very high level lightweight powerlifters. If it is just to have some knowledgeable guys look at your form and help with technique then I would try there.

mastermonster
09-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Bobby and Carol Ann Meyers have a private powerlifting gym in Defeniak Springs, Fl. (spelling?) if you are close to there. You can probably get contact info on them through the APA fed.