PDA

View Full Version : Tom Mutaffis - Farmers & Shield Carry

Tom Mutaffis
09-22-2011, 06:17 AM
After watching WSM I decided to get in gear and start training for Nationals...

eNLXeZ0do1s

thecityalive
09-22-2011, 08:12 PM
That farmers got me lookin at my hands all funny. HAHA. Nice work man, how long until nationals?

Also: love how your CrossFit facility's slogan is "shit just got real"....brilliant!

Tom Mutaffis
09-23-2011, 04:38 AM
That farmers got me lookin at my hands all funny. HAHA. Nice work man, how long until nationals?

Also: love how your CrossFit facility's slogan is "shit just got real"....brilliant!

Nationals is the first week in November, so we are about 5-6 weeks out right now.

That CrossFit facility is pretty cool - the owner is an MMA Fighter and so they have a variety of stuff there including grappling classes, a rock wall, crossfit, strongman, powerlifting, etc.

headache
09-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Tom you are an absolute tank and seeing that picture of you next to big Z really puts it into perspective how absolutely enormous the wsm guys are and how much respect should be given to anyone who competes in this sport.

krazylarry
09-24-2011, 03:22 PM
good stuff, you almost ran over the dude in the orange shirt! lol

Tom Mutaffis
09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Tom you are an absolute tank and seeing that picture of you next to big Z really puts it into perspective how absolutely enormous the wsm guys are and how much respect should be given to anyone who competes in this sport.

Seeing all of the WSM guys in person definitely puts things into perspective; there were at least four competitors in the 400 lbs range and I believe that the smallest athlete in the finals was Derek Poundstone who came in around 320-330 lbs at about 6' tall.

good stuff, you almost ran over the dude in the orange shirt! lol

Haha, I did not realize how close I was to him when I went by with the Farmers...