PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU use your Crossfit ??

Patz
09-23-2011, 03:41 AM
What kinds of activities are you doing that are benefitted by the strength/stamina/agility you've developed from Crossfit training?

With a family to consider, I haven't really gotten into much yet. I run the occasional 5k and decided to learn to swim (no laughing), which is coming pretty easily to me from an endurance/technique standpoint.

Other than that, I do pull ups or something at the park to impress my kids..lol

mike mcgee
09-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Nothing specific, but as you mentioned when I do, I am stronger and more coordinated. I can pretty much smoke anyone else my age... so whatever I lack in talent, I make up in endurance. Good luck on the swimming, its the one thing that keeps me from ever doing an Ironman competition. I am city boy, so me and the water don't get along very well...

Patz
10-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks. My lessons are complete. Gotta work on the breathing but I feel pretty good about my swimming future. I actually (poorly) dived into the 12ft area several times. That's a big step for me.

Go learn to swim! It's a very satisfying accomplishment.

thecityalive
10-01-2011, 09:48 AM
I've always been curious with adults that learn swimming at later ages. Was it lack of exposure to bodies of water or pools, poor parental teaching or lack thereof? Fear?

As someone who learned at an early age, this always intrigued me.

But yes, swimming is really satisfying once you get it. I remember my first days afloat with know-how. T'was a fine day.

Patz
10-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Everyone at work was perplexed aside from the other few who couldn't swim.

I took a couple lessons when I was 10 or so but mom says I just decided I didn't want to go anymore. We really didn't go to the pool much though. I've always been uncomfortable with the thought of being in water over my head. The past couple summers I've been in the water quite a bit though, plus now I have 2 small step kids and I not only want to be able to swim with them but I need to be able to save them if something should happen. So, I just decided to put the fear aside and go for it. Very happy I did.

b1gboi
10-08-2011, 07:31 AM
i doo wayyy more weights but i just got ssstarted with sum cleans and snatch