PDA

View Full Version : How close can ME day be to DE day?

RFabsik
09-24-2011, 10:42 PM
I train with my brother and due to his schedule he can't be around for DE days. He's available to train with me on Thursday and Sunday. I was hoping to have him around on ME day for encouragement, spotting (as opposed to relying just on the power rack) and a little competition.

Would it be horrible if we did ME Bench/Upper on Thursday, I do do DE bench on Saturday then hit ME Lower/Squat on Sunday with DE Squats on Tuesday? I'd move DE squats to Wed, but work and family committments are tough on Wed.

I guess my DE and ME days are 1 day closer than recommended.

NickAus
09-25-2011, 12:33 AM
You could make it work.

I would hit heavier low rep stuff for assistance work on max day and perhaps not do any direct shoulder work that day then on speed day more volume/ body building type stuff (which many do anyway).

You will need to play around with things to make it work.

Travis Bell
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM
That's really not enough time to appropriately recover if you're training hard enough on your ME day

Why not just do your DE work alone?

RFabsik
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I can do my DE work alone and that's what I'm planning. My problem is my brother can only train with me on Thursdays and Sundays, this basically locks in my ME days, plus due to work/family I can't reliably work out on Wednesdays.

So if I ME upper on Thursday, ideally, I'd want a DE on Sunday or Monday, but I need to do ME Squat on Sunday. Based on that I could do

Sun--ME Lower
Mon--DE Bench
Tue--off
Wed--can't work out
Th--ME Upper
Fri--Dyn Lower--or is this too close?
Sat--off

Or should I swtich the lower and upper days and just have the upper body closer together since it can recover a little faster? My only problem with that, is I feel more rested on Sun--so I can handle the ME lower work better then late on Thursday after work.

Sun--ME Upper
Mon--Dyn Lower
Tues--Off
Wed--Can't work out
Thur--ME Lower
Fri--Dyn Upper
Sat--off

Thanks.

breezeert24
09-25-2011, 08:05 PM
You should listen to you heart and your body and then to creat another schedule