PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift training for UPA meet

elilliebridge
10-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Here's some of our pulls from today training for our next meet coming up on November 19th!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPFdkvOYveI

thecityalive
10-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Saw this on my youtube subscriptions! 800 looked easy for you! Noticed Chris slowed down substantially when he lifted that weight. I remember watching his 805 and seeing that look easy for him. Great pulls, Eric!

elilliebridge
10-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Saw this on my youtube subscriptions! 800 looked easy for you! Noticed Chris slowed down substantially when he lifted that weight. I remember watching his 805 and seeing that look easy for him. Great pulls, Eric!

Thanks! Chris actually hasn't gone heavy on his pulls in over a month. He's been focusing more on squats, so this was basically his normal strength level on his pulls with no heavy training prior to it. I took off a month of my pulls too and they felt really slow compared to what i did today. When taking off time like that you lose your explosive strength on the heavier pulls but once you do a heavy workout or two, it usually comes back really fast for me.

kingns
10-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Sick deadlifting, so am I right that you dead heavy and squat light one week, and squat heavy the next and dont deadlift?

NickAus
10-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Damn impressive and enjoyable to watch!!

Awesome deadlifts!!

elilliebridge
10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Sick deadlifting, so am I right that you dead heavy and squat light one week, and squat heavy the next and dont deadlift?

No i squat and deadlift every other week. So i squat twice a month and pull twice a month. I used to go heavy/light and light/heavy with those two lifts week after week but i feel a lot better just doing the one lift by itself one week, and then doing the other lift by itself the next week. I've been training like this for the past year now and my gains and lifts have felt a lot better training this way. I feel a lot more recovered between those workouts and i can go heavier more often especially when training for a meet like i am right now.

UncleAl
10-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Awesome! You guys are incredible. (I love the way Chris jumps up from his knees and just rips it.) Best of luck a the meet.