PDA

View Full Version : EFS knee sleeves

Brian Hopper
10-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here has any expereince with the super heavy knee sleeve from EFS and what your thoughts are about them? Also, how did you measure for them? I am thinking about getting a pair and just curious. Thanks!!!

Dank27
10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
One of my training partners has them and he said they are great. I have the rehbands and i love those

44pirate
10-03-2011, 08:05 AM
They are similar to double convicts. Pretty stiff and give rebound.

Tom Mutaffis
10-03-2011, 08:32 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here has any expereince with the super heavy knee sleeve from EFS and what your thoughts are about them? Also, how did you measure for them? I am thinking about getting a pair and just curious. Thanks!!!

A friend of mine has the elbow sleeves and had some issues with sizing, although I believe EFS has since straitened out the sizing chart. They are pretty constrictive so if you are looking for carryover they would be good - but for warmth (injury prevention, etc.) I would go with a neoprene sleeve such as Rehband or Tommy Kono.

Brian Hopper
10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
One of my training partners has them and he said they are great. I have the rehbands and i love those

They are similar to double convicts. Pretty stiff and give rebound.
Thanks guys.

A friend of mine has the elbow sleeves and had some issues with sizing, although I believe EFS has since straitened out the sizing chart. They are pretty constrictive so if you are looking for carryover they would be good - but for warmth (injury prevention, etc.) I would go with a neoprene sleeve such as Rehband or Tommy Kono.
I'm not sure how the sizing chart works out. So i'm gonna go with 2XL and hope they fit good. I normally wear the TK sleeves for the warmth and especially since for the injury prevention since my knee surgery.

I'm doing a USPA meet next month and they allow these sleeves as well as double ply convict sleeves and since I can't find any around I'm going to try these out. Thanks for the input Tom.

Tom Mutaffis
10-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure how the sizing chart works out. So i'm gonna go with 2XL and hope they fit good. I normally wear the TK sleeves for the warmth and especially since for the injury prevention since my knee surgery.

I'm doing a USPA meet next month and they allow these sleeves as well as double ply convict sleeves and since I can't find any around I'm going to try these out. Thanks for the input Tom.

Do they allow the Inzer Knee "Sleeves"? Those would be the best for carryover, but EFS would be the best true sleeve since Convict sleeves are out of stock.

If you do really want the Convicts you can get them from Europe - except they are navy blue with yellow stripes.

Brian Hopper
10-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Do they allow the Inzer Knee "Sleeves"? Those would be the best for carryover, but EFS would be the best true sleeve since Convict sleeves are out of stock.

If you do really want the Convicts you can get them from Europe - except they are navy blue with yellow stripes.

No, they don't allow them because they are adjustable. I was looking at there site and EFS is out of stock. I'm guessing from the chart I would need a 5XL.

Where can you buy the convicts in Europe?

thecityalive
10-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Tom, are those the Red/black ones you dawn?

Tom Mutaffis
10-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Tom, are those the Red/black ones you dawn?

The red/black ones that I have are old single ply APT sleeves, I believe that they have been out of stock for a while.

Dank27
10-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Looks like the efs sleeves are on sale now. Like 26$

Brian Hopper
10-05-2011, 07:37 AM
I saw that and I also saw that they have 5XL in stock so I placed an order this morning, so we'll see.

RhodeHouse
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I wear them when I squat. Definately strong. They'll give you rebound. I wear a 4xl. Not sure if this helps, but I have skinny legs for a 300lb dude. My quads are about 27" and the 4xl is a pretty snug fit. Hope that helps.

Brian Hopper
10-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I wear them when I squat. Definately strong. They'll give you rebound. I wear a 4xl. Not sure if this helps, but I have skinny legs for a 300lb dude. My quads are about 27" and the 4xl is a pretty snug fit. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input. I hope the size I ordered aren't too big. I talked to Jo Jordan and he told me to measure 2" above and below my knee. So I figured 5XL will fit the best for me. I guess I'll find out when I get them in, if they're too big I'll just exchange them.

Brian Hopper
10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I got my sleeves in Yesterday and tried them on. They are THICK!!!! They fit nice and snug around my quad and calf, but a little loose around my knee. I ordered the 5XL and i'm thinking about getting the 4XL once they got them in stock. I never messed around with APT sleeves but these EFS super heavys are pretty serious.

thecityalive
12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I had to order a size down for the same reason. I have a 3XL now. These things are awesome.