PDA

View Full Version : Opener bench in overkill

kingns
10-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Heres a vid of me doing my planned opener (520) in a single ply overkill. Any tips would be awesome. Its kinda a shitty rep but didnt feel hard. Im about 1:00 min in, PLEASE ignore the big raw squatting at the beginning of the video. My buddy filmed this and stuck me in after his squats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5D6KWOh58

Travis Bell
10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
You really need to pull that bar down hard

jtteg_x
10-04-2011, 07:45 PM
You really need to pull that bar down hard

im guilty of this too. what kind of "cues" would help fix that issue? squeezing the bar hard and "ripping" it apart is whats going on in my head and it still happens. i do my row exercises (IE: BB, DB, T-row, CSR) after every DE and ME bench sessions.

theBarzeen
10-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd start with the lift-off.... you weren't locked when the bar was handed off, you then locked out before descending... get a taller lift off guy or teach the other guys to do a 3-man lift off ....

to help with the shirt. I'd say it's a good opener. You can touch that weight easily, you just mis-grooved it. It helps sometimes to have someone poke you in the belly right where you plan to touch the bar. Then just bring the bar straight there, it looked like you took the weight to the chest first, then tucked to get it to touch. Just watch out in the bottom not to tuck too much and dump it to your belly. Don't be afraid to just pull that bar in like an upside down barbell row.

good luck at your meet.

kingns
10-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks, Ya its a very make shift bench setup. The bench is up on plates to be higher off the ground, there are plates for my lift off guy to stand on, the side spotters had never done (probly never heard of) a 3 man lift off, and the bench was narrow.
Ive never tried to row the weight in but will. Probly wont be able to adjust a thing at the meet, but this is the first video in the shirt I could get. Thanks for the help, keep it coming
My biggest thing is trying to place the collar where I need it for the apropriate weight, just gonna take practice