PDA

View Full Version : Summer of Auto Parts

JohnnyAutoParts
05-26-2002, 03:59 PM
What up fellas....its time for me to get serious--summer is here, the new girlfriend is in Bermuda for a week, so I can begin to concentrate on what i hope to be is a prosperous summer. I began the summer of 2001 as a 148lb clown with dedication, but very little knowledge of the fitness lifestyle. I began reading Elite Fitness forums and smartening up....by the first day of school in September I was over 160lbs. However, the school year was pretty strenuous and I couldn't concentrate on lifting, eating, and sleeping as much as I wanted to. I made strength gains, but the body weight isn't much more than 160. I learned tidbits here and there from Elite Fitness, but when I began reading WBB journals, that is when it all began to fit together. I believe I have become enlightened by reading journals from people such as Blood & Iron, Gino, and MonStar. By starting my own I hope to lock myself into consistency and growth. I do not really know anyone that posts on these boards, but I welcome any comments, questions, appraisals, or constructive criticism. Here is my description:

CURRENT STATS: I am 5'9" floating in the vicinity of 160+ pounds..age 20....I have never taken a BF% test, but my estimate is about 10%. Needless to say I am all natural, and an ectomorph. The good news is I'm in pretty good proportion, but the bad is news is none of my attributes (like shoulders, chest, arms, etc.) are large enough to draw attention to. If anything, I got very large forearms for my size.

GOAL: I am going to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks, so I hope to cut body fat during the ensuing 14 days, while maintaining and possibly gaining muscle. For the rest of the summer I will most likely bulk....in theory, I would like to gain as much lean mass as possible.

DIET: I eat very healthy compared to your average guy, but after looking at your diets, mine needs a TON of tweaking/reconstruction. I am human, and I have weaknesses for certain foods. The diets I will first list will not be model diets, but I hope to convert them over time. I don't drink often, if at all, over the summer (as opposed to hardcore boozing @school) so I should benefit from lack of liquor.

LIFTING: 4 days per week as spaced out as possible

SLEEP: since I haven't found a decent summer job yet, 8+ hours shouldn't be a problem for now....I usually got 5-6 during the past 2 semesters, so I think decent sleep will be a welcome change for my health.

I will be keeping this journal until school starts in September...hopefully I will stick with it! (i might need the ocassional kick in the ass) I have always wanted to write something synonymous to a diary without being called a sissy for it. Even if nobody reads what I am preaching, it will still be beneficial to get stuff off my chest and keep a log of my progress.

I will be back with today's diet/lifting routine/etc. in a bit. Peace~

JohnnyAutoParts
05-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Until I come up with a template, this will get a bit sloppy. I am short on time tonight, so here is Sunday in a nutshell. Keep in mind I woke up at 1pm due to a late nite, and the gym closed @5 so I had to hustle.

Meal 1: Bowl of Oatmeal (3/4 cup), 2 Whole Wheat Waffles, Accutane Pill
Meal 2 [pre-workout]: Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt
Meal 3 [post-workout]: 1 scoop Isopure Whey Protein w Glutamine Peptides, Cup of OJ
Meal 4: Steak Tips, Baked Potatoe, Slice of Red Pepper, Accutane Pill
Meal 5: Natural Peanut Butter & Wheat Thins
Meal 6: Sliced Turkey, American Cheese on Wheat Bread
Meal 7: Baked Chicken Breast, 1 spoon of Flaxseed Oil, 500mg Vitamin C, 400I.U. Vitamin E

Workout: [Legs, Triceps]
This is an odd combination of parts to work, but my routine lies in chaos right now and needs revamping. Note that I do not do calves with legs, but on a separate day. In the future, I will try to record the number of reps performed:
SQUAT: 45 (warmup), 135, 185, 205, 215
SLDL: 135, 155, 165
Front Squat Smith Machine: 135x3 sets (very awkward, 1st time doing these)
Reverse Lying Leg Curl (Nautilus): 100, 110
Leg Extension (Hammer Strength): 50 per leg X 2 sets
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
DB Skull Crushers: 15 (warmup), 30, 30, 35, 35 (per DB)
Overhead DB Extension: 50, 55
Reverse Tricep Cable Pulldown (EZ Curl Attachment): 75
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Static Hold Crunches (2 sets)
Twisting Crunches (1 set)
*The last 15 minutes of the workout were subpar because the gym closed earlier than I expected...I couldn't get my cardio in!!! Not to mention a half-assed ab workout.

Water: Decent Amount...another household member broke my Brita which kind of interfered, but i managed.

Sleep: Last nite I was in a deep sleep from about 4:30AM until 12:30PM....decent length of time, bad hours to span it over!

JohnnyAutoParts
05-27-2002, 10:54 PM
I hate to say this on the second day of my journal, but today was one of those days....a family outing (which was fine), but it causes problems for the diet. I still think it turned out OK...I have done a lot worse in the past in similar circumstances

Meal 1: Oatmeal (3/4 cup); Spoon of Flaxseed Oil; Accutane Pill
Meal 2: 1.5 Egg Whites, Slice of Cheddar Cheese, some mayo/yolk sauce that i couldn't wipe off completely, Cashews
Meal 3: Large Grilled Chicken Breast, Hamburger (no bun), Lettuce
Meal 4: Omelete with cheese, lots of steak tips, Accutane, 400 I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 5: Isopure Protein & Glutamine Peptides; Wheat Bagel & Natural Peanut Butter
Meal 6: Baked Chicken Breast; Flaxseed Oil; 400 I.U. Vitamin E; 500mg Vitamin C; Accutane

Training: (A little forearm action on my day off)
3 sets of Wrist Roller until Failure
2 supersets of DB wrist & reverse wrist curls
1 set of Wrist Roller for pump

Sleep:
Last nite I slept about 7.5 hours....i had to be up early, so there wasn't much I could do...still unacceptable

Water:
I drank an average amount today, but it wasn't spread out evenly as it should be.

NOTES
*My last day of Accutane is Saturday...until then it is 3 40mg pills a day (enough to kill a small horse)
*I don't know what that **** was on the egg whites, but it wasn't good for me, and the taste wasn't all that special
*Why am I so ripped in the morning, but during the day and at night I don't meet my eye's expectations? (Yeah I know the answer, but my hourly difference is TOO dramatic)

MonStar
05-27-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyAutoParts
Training: (A little forearm action on my day off)
3 sets of Wrist Roller until Failure
2 supersets of DB wrist & reverse wrist curls
1 set of Wrist Roller for pump

All you did today workout wise was forearms? Hehe sounds like my kind of workout I am forearm obsessed. :):)

NOTES
*My last day of Accutane is Saturday...until then it is 3 40mg pills a day (enough to kill a small horse)
*Why am I so ripped in the morning, but during the day and at night I don't meet my eye's expectations? (Yeah I know the answer, but my hourly difference is TOO dramatic)

What are you taking Accutane for?

I experience the SAME thing man holy f*ck. Haha first thing in the morning I look at my abs and sh!t and I am thinking like damn I am really starting to lose fat, then before bed I am like F*CK! Nevermind. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MS

JohnnyAutoParts
05-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Haha what's up MonStar...good to know somebody is reading what I write! Yeah I am OBSESSED with forearms...i always have been--they say overtraining any body part has no positive aspects, but I have been killing my forearms for years and the more I do it, the more they grow. I get a better 'pump' with a forearm workout than any other body part...I see no signs of my obsession ending...especially as short sleeve weather is starting up!

I have been taking Accutane for almost 5 months because I developed an acne problem last summer after being clear for 18 years....it wasn't THAT bad, but the other medications I tried didn't work, and Accutane supposedly clears up 80% of its patients faces for the rest of their lives. As to what caused the outbreak last summer-- I think I shouldn't have put all that Isopropyl Alcohol on my face that I did...but I am not positive that was one of the components that triggered acne. In no way is it steroid related (imagine if I had taken juice and my current stats are what they are, i'd be pissed!)....my acne is gone now, except for a few light yellowish/pink spots that need to fade, that can only been seen up close under certain lights.

I include Accutane in my diet listings for 2 reasons:
1. Since I am taking 3 pills it helps me remember to take all 3 (i spread them out)
2. There is a TON of vitamin A in each pill, so it illustrates why I can't take a multi or have too much additional vitamin A in my diet.....A is one vitamin you should not overdo...the hairloss side effect has always bugged me out!

JohnnyAutoParts
05-29-2002, 11:56 AM
TUESDAY
I don't know if anyone else is like this, but it takes me FOREVER to get going in the morning....my alarm went off @9:30...got up by 10, didnt have my first meal ready until noonish. Ate pizza & additional white bread today too...not great, but I think I have been undereating lately so I gotta throw in what I can.

Meal 1 (12:00pm) yeah late start!: Oatmeal (1 cup); Columbo Vanilla Yogurt (unfortunately not the lowfat version); Accutane 40mg; 1 spoon of Flaxseed Oil
Meal 2 (3:30pm)(POST WORKOUT): Isopure Protein (1 scoop); Glutamine Peptides, Orange Juice for transport (i hope?)
Meal 3 (4:30pm): a slice or two of turkey...a half of a subroll b/c i felt energy depleted
Meal 4 (6:00pm): homemade pizza (i had to)...natural peanut butter & wheat thins; 3/4 cup of Oatmeal (again) w/brown sugar, Accutane 40mg; Vitamin E (400 I.U.)
Meal 5 (8:30pm): 1.5oz Peanuts; 113g of Cottage Cheese (2%); 500mg Vitamin C
Meal 6 (11:30pm): 1 can of tuna & Olive Oil, 40mg Accutane
Meal 7 (1:00am): 1 spoon of flaxseed oil

Training:{Shoulders/Traps/Calves}
-------------------------------------------------
DB Shoulder Press {25 (warmup), 50, 55}---I usually get up to 60lbs, but I struggled with the 55's and I had no spotter
BB Upright Rows {85, 95, 95}
One Arm Lateral Raises {15, 20}--usually I do both arms simultaneously, so this felt awkward
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raises {20, 20}
BB Shrugs {155, 175, 175, 135}--I could do 4-5 reps @175, but I didnt feel like I was working my traps
---------------------------------------------------
Nautilus Standing Calf Raises {180, 180}
Seat Calf Raises {110, 110}
----------------------------------------------------
Hanging Knee Raises (2 sets to failure)--did them the hard way...bringing my knees up so they form an L shape with my torso
Seated Leg Lifts (2 sets to failure)
------------------------------------------------------
14 minutes Stationary Bike
( alternate 2 minutes slow-medium pace, 1 minute @ mega speed )--includes 2 minute warmup and cooldown
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep: I was sleeping on and off last nite, but my estimate is 7.5 hours....not enough once again!

News & Notes:
*4 Days Left of Accutane!
*Due to the Bloody Noses I have frequently received after my dose was upped to a whopping 120mg/day, I think it is OK to eat a lot of iron.
*I am in the mood to work out tomorrow....I MUST make a weekly lifting routine to begin to follow...as of right now I have 4 rotating muscle parts to start the workout with (Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Back)....I throw in the others (Calves, Arms, Forearms, Abs) randomly...I need structure!
*Huge Celts game tomorrow night
*I use the term "meal" rather loosely (see above)
*I fluctuated 4lbs during the day (i was 4lbs heavier before bed than in the A.M.)...I feel that is a lot for someone my size.

JohnnyAutoParts
05-30-2002, 08:37 AM
WEDNESDAY

Meal 1 (12:00pm) 3 Eggs *Yolks included :(; 2 Slices of Wheat Toast; 40mg Accutane
Meal 2 (3:00pm) 2 Whole Wheat Waffles & Natural Peanut Butter
Meal 3 (4:15pm) 2 slices of pizza, 1 cup of Columbo LITE vanilla yogurt, 500mg Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 4 (6:20pm) Caesar Salad w/Baked Chicken; Brown Rice; 40mg Accutane
Meal 5 (8:40pm) Scoop of Regular Peanut Butter & Teaspoon of Oats, Isopure Protein Shake & Glutamine Peptides
Meal 6 (11:00pm) Baked Chicken Breast, 2 slices of Wheat Toast w/Natural Peanut Butter, 40mg Accutane
Meal 7 (12:45am) 113g of Cottage Cheese, 1 spoon of Flaxseed Oil, 400 I.U. Vitamin E

Training:{Rest} (Don't worry 2 very intense days are coming Thursday & Friday @gym!!!)

Water Intake: So-So to Average at best

Sleep: I went to bed about 8.5 hours before my alarm went off, but I lost around an hour in between :(

News & Notes:
*Accutane countdown @3 days/9 pills
*Food=running low in house
*Looking for good sources of complex carbs besides Brown Rice, Oatmeal.
*I must get more active during the day if I am cutting for Myrtle Beach (6/8 departure!)
*wtf is wrong with the C's...at least the Sox are winning

rookiebldr
05-30-2002, 08:56 AM
I will be keeping this journal until school starts in September...hopefully I will stick with it! (i might need the ocassional kick in the ass) I have always wanted to write something synonymous to a diary without being called a sissy for it. Even if nobody reads what I am preaching, it will still be beneficial to get stuff off my chest and keep a log of my progress.

You might find keeping the journal such fun that you'll continue after school starts. Journal is looking good.

*Yolks included :(

I figure egg yolks are still good just counts to your totals. Hats off to you for taking your flax straight up. :thumbup:

JohnnyAutoParts
05-30-2002, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the support bro! Yeah i am getting into this journal thing--I just might have to keep it going in September. 2 things:

1.) I am terrible @cracking eggs without disturbing the yolk...so when i am cooking fried eggs, it is tough to remove them...the only way is through hard boiled eggs...but those take 20 minutes to cook, and an hour to cool...i only make those if i plan in advance.

2.) I am an idiot around the kitchen...i finally realized that I have been taking Flax in a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon! That will change starting today....I have gotten use to the taste pretty quickly. Sometimes my freezer goes overboard and turns it into a jello like texture--that's when I gag!

rookiebldr
05-30-2002, 08:21 PM
...i finally realized that I have been taking Flax in a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon!

Don't feel so bad, I was taking almost a double tablespoon and counting it as one - yeeks!! The calories were not needed when I was reducing. I've only ever mix the flax in with my protein shake, might have to try it straight up.

JohnnyAutoParts
05-30-2002, 10:37 PM
Yeah I like to enjoy my protein shake without having to worry about a heavy sip of flax...when taking flax solo, the key is to swallow it before it rests on your tongue...but you'll get use to the taste pretty easily...anyone who eats healthy has forced themself to get use to something, i.e. Cottage Cheese!!

THURSDAY

Meal 1: (11:45am) 1 cup of Oatmeal w/a little brown sugar; 2 slices of Wheat Toast; Tblspn of Flaxseed Oil; 40mg Accutane
Meal 2: (1:45pm PRE WORKOUT) finished off the natural PB with some saltines; 1 Banana; 1 small cup of 1% Skim Milk
Meal 3: (4:10pm POST WORKOUT) 1 scoop of Isopure Protein mixed with Glutamine Peptides; 1 cup of OJ
Meal 4: (5:00pm snack) Small Piece of Baked Chicken left over heated up
Meal 5: (6:15pm) 2 Sirloin Burgers w/american cheese, mustard, on roll; Baked Beans; French Fries; 40mg Accutane
Meal 6: (10:00pm) Brown Rice
Meal 7: (11:00pm) Peanuts
Meal 8: (11:45pm) 1 can of Tuna w/Olive Oil; 40mg Accutane, 400I.U. Vitamin E, 500mg Vitamin C; Flaxseed Oil (tablespoon)

Training: {Back/Biceps/Upper Abs & Obliques}
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BACK
wide grip pullups (3 sets until failure)
hammer strength low row (90, 130, 140)
good mornings (45, 65, 65)*i am gonna do these over the summer because there is no hyperextension device @the gym
TRANSITION
chinups (2 sets until failure)*shoulder width grip*
BICEPS
BB curls (70, 70, 80)....heavier than normal after chins
Reverse Curls w/Thick, Heavy EZ Curl Thingy....wicked burn in the forearms
ABS
Cable Crunches (2 sets @120)....my hands tire out holding onto the rope before my abs do
Decline Crunches (1 set w/25lb plate)...will never do these again, the decline isn't angled enough
Side Bends (1 set w/no weight)...maybe i should do these without the device and with dumbbells

CARDIO
12 minutes on Treadmill:
Alternating 2 minutes @6.0 with 1 minute @8.3........minus warmup & cooldown
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water Intake: Average

Sleep: Around 9 hours....a little less b/c i always have to wake up & pee

News & Notes:
*How much of a difference in my physique would a tan make? Kid is looking like Casper these days, and its almost June.
*I have been using a vegetable oil spread on my toast...I think there might be hydrogenated oils in there...i gotta cut it outta my diet!
*6 more pills!

MonStar
05-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Haha what's up MonStar...good to know somebody is reading what I write! Yeah I am OBSESSED with forearms...i always have been--they say overtraining any body part has no positive aspects, but I have been killing my forearms for years and the more I do it, the more they grow. I get a better 'pump' with a forearm workout than any other body part...I see no signs of my obsession ending...especially as short sleeve weather is starting up!

Yeah I have been checking out your journal a lot man. Good to see you over here @ WBB and away from sh!tty Elitefitness. Anyway I am definitely obsessed with forearms but I am currently doing HST so I cant really pound them too hard. I wish I could. :(:(

Anyway yeah man pumping them up like bowling pins was always fun.

MS

JohnnyAutoParts
05-31-2002, 11:17 PM
Yeah I think I am done with Elite Fitness....WBB seems like a better community, with less members but more knowledgeable ones...and this journal thing seems to be exclusive to WBB. Not only keeping my own, but looking at other journals is AWESOME. If a guy is 200lbs and 6% BF, you wanna know wtf he is doing daily to accomplish it!!!

FRIDAY

Meal 1: (12:00pm)1 cup of Oatmeal w/Brown Sugar; 2 slices of Wheat Toast w/Peanut Butter; 40mg Accutane
Meal 2: (1:30pm)1 cup of Milk; 1 banana; 1tbspn Flaxseed Oil
Meal 3: (3:30pm)Baked Chicken & Brown Rice; 400I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 4 (PRE WORKOUT): (5:30pm) Sirloin Burger w/Cheese & Roll
Meal 5 (POST WORKOUT): (7:15pm)1 scoop of Isopure & 1 serving of Glutamine Peptides; 1 cup of OJ
Meal 6: (8:30pm) 1 sirloin steak & large scoop of Peanut Butter; 40mg Accutane
Meal 7: (11:00pm) 1 can of tuna w/Olive Oil; 40mg Accutane; 400I.U. Vitamin E; 500mg Vitamin C
Meal 8: (1:00am) 113g Cottage Cheese; 1tbspn Flaxseed Oil
I think having a life and a good diet are inversely proportional...

Training: {CHEST, CALVES)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not the best workout day in the world...i ran into a kid from HS I hadn't talked to in 8 months, so an intense 45 minute workout became a lackluster 75 minute one :(
CHEST
BB Bench Press (45(warmup), 155, 185, 195, 185)...no spotter, so i went slightly lighter than normal
DB Incline Press (55, 60, 60)...to failure, i couldnt handle the 65's by then
Flyes Machine (3 sets @90 to failure)....not the pec dec one, but the extended arm one.
CALVES
Donkey Calf Raises (2 sets @ 180)...my back gives out before my calves do.
Seated Calf Raises (2 sets @ 115)...almost couldnt get the weight back over the holder, maybe i started with the knee pads in the wrong position?
CARDIO
14 minutes on the stationary bike....2 minutes of slow-medium paced cycling followed by an intense 1 minute

Water Intake: Above Average for once
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sleep: About 8 hours, give or take another bathroom run
News & Notes:
*I am out of natural PB, so I started eating Skippy...is it THAT much worse for you???!!??? Its a pain to buy natural b/c they don't sell it at anywhere near me.
*Although my diet isn't nearly perfect, it is probably better than it will be all summer....why? because in a week or so, i will be working 8 hours a day--doing what, who knows?
*I can't wait to do some hardcore bulking again...combine an empty fridge with a picky diet and you're hurtin'
*I haven't done declines in 2 weeks....but it seems like nobody does them.
*Flaxseed Oil is phenomenal...you can use it to cut or bulk, and from what i hear it does wonders for your skin. Suprisingly the nutrition store i go to has about 3 bottles total--all Barlean's High Lignan.
*I think I'm going Myoplex next time I get supplements...it seems like every kid that knows what they're doing takes it...maybe i should try it. I've been an Optimum kid for so long.
*I think Glutamine Peptides are out when I start bulking.
*I gotta eat more veggies...I can't take a multi yet, so I need to find some source of vitamins and minerals. I'll probably start a multi up around the 17th of June. I got this Maxxum stuff from a buddy@college that looks awesome...no iron!
*For the record, 3 pills of Accutane left...goes to show you that 5 months FLY by.
*I keep getting nosebleeds...i'm loosing a ton of blood...dry lips...wicked sensitive neck...now you know why i'm counting down...but accutane was worth it.

Sebi
06-01-2002, 02:08 AM
great journal jap, keep it up

btw how does this come:

CALVES
Donkey Calf Raises (2 sets @ 180)...my back gives out before my calves do.

i didn't know your back is under stress doing these. i might be mixing up something though.

JohnnyAutoParts
06-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Whats up Sebi! Thanks for the journal complement....as for the donkey calf raises, my gym has this nautilius version where weight is placed on your lower back. If I go too light, I will be there forever doing raises, but if I got too heavy my back will give out before my calves are pumped...i try to find a happy medium....i think its just a poorly designed machine, I am going to stray from it in the future.

The gf is coming home tomorrow...meaning Sunday's diet will be piss poor. That's the thing about having a significant other...I feel guilty spending a whole day together b/c i have to eat every 2-4 hours, and I look like a snoot at restaurants for asking for particulars. If we didn't live 40 minutes away from each other, it wouldn't be this whole day stuff, but its worth it...one bad diet day a week won't kill me.

SATURDAY

Meal 1: (12:00pm)1 cup of Oatmeal w/Brown Sugar; 2 slices of Wheat Toast w/Peanut Butter; 40mg Accutane
Meal 2: (2:30pm) sirloin burger w/cheese on an english muffin (potential crime); 1tbspn of Flaxseed Oil
Meal 3: (4:30pm) 1 cup of Milk & a lot of Peanuts
Meal 4: (5:30pm) Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Salad, 40mg Accutane, 400I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 5: (9:00pm) Baked Beans
Meal 6: (10:00pm) Isopure Protein & Glutamine Peptides/a few Saltines & Peanut Butter
Meal 7: (11:00pm) 113g 2% Cottage Cheese; Flaxseed Oil
Meal 8: (12:00am) a lot of Grilled Chicken; 40mg Accutane (last pill)

Training: {OFF}
I threw in some Forearms as I sometimes do on days off:
Wrist Roller 2 sets to Failure
Wrist Curls 2 sets to Failure
Reverse Wrist Curls 2 sets to Failure
CARDIO:
about an hour of slow paced basketball...nothing too strenuous, but I was out there for a while

Water Intake:
Sleep: About 8.5 hours, but i still wake up and pee at like 7 a.m.
News & Notes:
*Accutane=DONESKI!...i think it will take 2 weeks for all of the side effects to subside
*Gotta start reversing the cycle...I am getting up/going to bed wayyyy too late

JohnnyAutoParts
06-02-2002, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah, water intake=above average

JohnnyAutoParts
06-03-2002, 09:44 AM
SUNDAY

As promised, today's regime was sooo embarassing that I am not even going to use a template or present it in regular format. I was awake from 9:30AM to 3:00AM and I ate 4, count em, 4 meals!!! My typical breakfast, typical snack 2 hours later, and chaos from then on. I had a grilled chicken sub that made me sick at 8pm, and a protein/gp shake at 230am along with a mini Cottage Cheese once the gf left. The bad news is I am going to Myrtle Beach in 5 days and I can't afford days like that. There is also NO food in the house so I MUST shop. The good news is off days like these make me mad--and Monday's diet and routine should be phenomenal (assuming I dig up some food).

JohnnyAutoParts
06-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Before I insert my daily post, I would like to take a timeout to recognize that my 'handles' are finally disappearing.....OK so my waist is like 29", but during the school year my handles were starting to ruin my physique--I attribute their existence to 4 nights a week of hard drinking, lack of sleep, half assed workouts, and lack of interest in diet due to school related stress. I don't know what my BF% is, but it seems to be lowering slowly...which I really appreciate. I am going to bulk from June 17th on, but for a beach trip I am almost where I want to be.

KEYS TO SUCCESS:
1.)NO BOOZE--I have had 1 or 2 beers in the last 3.5 weeks.
2.)INCREASED CARDIO--I don't do a lot, but compared to none, anything is something
3.)SLEEP--no more 4 hour nites at skewl.
4.)BETTER WORKOUTS--my gym @home is well...as you would assume compared to a clustered insufficient college gym.

JohnnyAutoParts
06-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Coming back from a 1 day hiatus

MONDAY

Meal 1: (12:00pm) 1 cup of Oatmeal, 2 Whole Wheat Waffles w/Peanut Butter
Meal 2: (2:30pm) 1 Sweet Potato, 1tbspn of Flaxseed Oil
Meal 3{preworkout}: (3:45pm) Peanuts, 500mg Vitamin C, 1 cup of 1% Milk
Meal 4{postworkout}: (6:20pm) 1 scoop of Isopure Protein & Glutamine Peptides, OJ, 2 Slices of Whole Wheat Toast
Meal 5: (7:45pm) 1/2lb of haddock!!! a few french fries (i'm talking like 5 or 6 no joke)
Meal 6: (9:10pm) 1 cup of Yoplait Vanilla Yogurt
Meal 7: (11:30pm) Natural Peanut Butter with a few Saltines; 2 Egg Whites; 400 I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 8: (1:00am) 1 can of tuna w/Olive Oil; 1tbspn of Flaxseed Oil

LIFTING:{Legs/Triceps}
5 minute treadmill warmup
------------------------------------
Squats: 45(warmup), 155, 185, 205, 225
SLDL: 155, 165, 165
Hammer Strength Leg Extension: 45 each leg X 2 sets
Reverse Leg Curls: 120x2 sets
------------------------------------
Dips 3 sets
Close Grip Bench Press 135x 3 sets
Overhead DB Extension 25lb each arm X 2 sets
---------------------------------------
Reverse Crunches 2 sets
Crunches 2 sets
---------------------------------------

CARDIO:
12 minutes on treadmill alternating between sprinting & medium pace

Water Intake:
Sleep: 8 hours...although I went to bed a little after 3am
News & Notes:
*I don't eat FAKE wheat bread...my dad buys the dyed ish, none of that for me...go hard or go home!
*I found some Natural PB at the local grocery store today...i am psyched it is available that close now...props 2 smuckers.
*going to the gf's manana...can you say another weak day of dieting???

JohnnyAutoParts
06-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Water intake=below average....why do I keep forgetting to stick that in there?

rookiebldr
06-04-2002, 04:30 PM

You can alway edit you entry to stick it back in if you want.

BTW, 29" waist - can't be much left to loose. Well done on the :alcoholic . Amazing what happens when the school influences are not there.

MonStar
06-04-2002, 11:02 PM

Just edit your journal entry and put it in there. ;);)

MS

JohnnyAutoParts
06-05-2002, 11:25 AM
What's up fellas...yeah i was thinking about simply editing my posts, but i was over paranoid because I read some Hulk post about editing and being banned etc. (I read it completely wrong!).....but good to know for future reference

on to the daily entry-----

Went to the gfs at 6:30 until 2:30am.....not one ounce of food during that span...not normal. still a great time though :)

TUESDAY

Meal 1: (11:30AM) 1 cup of Oatmeal, Brown Sugar, Wheat Toast & Natural Peanut Butter
Meal 2: prew(2:15PM) Turkey on 2 slices of wheat, 1 cup of Stoneyfield 1% Vanilla Yogurt
Meal 3: postw(4:45PM)Isopure Protein Scoop, 1 serving of Glutamine Peptides, Orange Juice
Meal 4: (6:00pm) 1 slice of pizza, very small salad, a few slices of turkey, flaxseed oil
deadzone
Meal 5: (3:00am)scoop of Natural PB, 113g Cottage Cheese, Flaxseed Oil, 1 Egg White
(see above explanation

LIFTING:
{Shoulders/Traps/Calves} numbers in poundage
DB Shoulder Press (25 warmup, 55, 55, 60)
DB Lateral Raises Simultaneously (10, 12, 12)
Incline Reverse Flyes (15, 15, 15)
DB Shrugs (75, 80, 80)
BB Upright Rows (85, 85)
Nautilus Standing Calf Raises (180, 180)
Seated Calf Raises (100, 100)
Weighted Side Bends (30, 35)
CARDIO:
11 minutes on treadmill...alternating between hard sprinting & mid paced jogging

Water Intake: subpar
Sleep: 8 hours
News & Notes:
*My cardio stamina is improving...i feel less drained after running X amount of minutes
*3 Days Accutane free, and the bloody noses have stopped.

JohnnyAutoParts
06-05-2002, 11:30 AM
oh yeah rookiebldr...thanks for the complement on the waist...I am pretty happy with upper body to waist ratio, but I need to put a ton of mass this summer (after I get back from the beach)....I am looking for a physique that can be implied when i have clothes on. Right now nobody would know i was a lifter until i strip down.

JohnnyAutoParts
06-05-2002, 12:47 PM
and another thing....I just weighed myself and I am not even close to 160!!! Its kind of embarassing to be 20y.o. and weigh this little...but it doesn't bother me THAT much because my bf% is dropping. But still...by the end of the summer my goal is 165 and be moderately ripped...yeah im shooting the moon.

rookiebldr
06-05-2002, 09:31 PM
....I am looking for a physique that can be implied when i have clothes on.

Yea, I sorta know what you mean. I was an ecto and now I'm just a fat ecto. Clothes on or off, I don't think anyone would confuse me with someone who lifts. But, I will keep on trying. Set your sight on certain goals and adjust as necessary.

p.s. Tried flax straight up. I didn't mind the taste at all. Bit grassy tasting. Now I can take it either way - straight or with protein. I like the flavouring it gives to my shakes so that will still be my preferred method. :)

JohnnyAutoParts
06-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Hmmm...I might have to try Flaxseed in my shakes...never have, but maybe I could get into it....the only thing is I take flax with my first and last meal of the day, and my shake is usually somewhere in between.

yeah page 2

Probably the last full day of eating before my departure on Saturday...tomorrow is another gf night, and friday nite is a 7pm bedtime night so we can get up @3am

WEDNESDAY

Meal 1: (12:30PM) 1 cup of Oatmeal/Brown Sugar; Flaxseed Oil; Cup of 1% Milk
Meal 2: (2:30PM) 3 Slices of Turkey on 2 Slices of Wheat Toast, Natural PB & Saltines
Meal 3: (5:00PM) a good amount of peanuts, 400I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 4: (6:30PM) Marinated Steak Tips, Red Potatoes, Carrots
Meal 5: (10:00PM) almost 2 cans of tuna...didn't quite finish/500mg Vitamin C
Meal 6: (12:45AM)cup of milk, little bit of natural PB, 1tbspn flaxseed oil

LIFTING: {off}

CARDIO
{a little basketball action...not too much though}

Water Intake: a little below average
Sleep: 7.5 hours
News & Notes:
*Probably gonna lift Thursday & Friday so I won't feel guilty about taking the weekend off...will establish a normal routine when i arrive home on the 17th.
*I wasn't that happy with my diet today....but it was different than normal, so maybe i'll benefit
*Tonite I had the most tuna I ever ate...I don't know if that's good or bad, there has to be a line somewhere....estimated 65-70g of protein in the amount I ate.
*I felt wicked salty afterwards.