PDA

View Full Version : Water, Water.... O wait and more water!

Jeepmiller09
10-09-2011, 09:52 AM
The title says it all. I started taking Results about a week ago and I have been told due to the creatine I need to drink a gallon of water a day. I was one that would maybe drink a cup of water every other day before taking Results. I know bad bad me. So I have been taking a Gallon jug of water with me every place i go. Drink Drink Drink and Pee Pee Pee pee pee pee pee o and PEE. I would think with drinking all this water it would flush out the Creatine before it has time to get into your system. But I am Drinking like no other. Any one else get tired of drinking so much water?

NITF
10-09-2011, 10:07 AM
You'll get used to it....

Invain
10-09-2011, 10:25 AM
You'll get used to it. I don't carry a gallon jug around anymore but I always have a glass of water next to me. Easy way to tell how hydrated you are is by your urine; the clearer the better.

K-R-M
10-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Creatine is an amino acid derivative, the kidneys reabsorbe all the amino acids it filters unless you have a transporter deficiency. I wouldn't worry about it, I would also drink when I'm thirsty, if a bit more, you don't need 5 clear urinations a day.

tommygunz90
10-09-2011, 11:45 AM
I find it the easiest to carry around a 16oz bottle of water and refill it when empty. Ill usually chug 10p of those a day minimum. There half a liter so that's 5 liters and a little under a gallon and a half. Ad in the water in your shakes and results itself and I'm sure you can obtain a gallon of water with ease.

I never and I mean never was any type of water drinker until probably a year ago when I began training. It was soda, koolaid, and on good days juice. When I got overweight I cut anything except water for a while and still couldn't acquire a taste for it. Id force myself to drink it to stay hydrated by chugging a bottle as fast as I could. Id actually make a hole in the water bottle so I could suck it all down with the help of the air flow and that helped me a lot.

Holto
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I take a bottle of water everywhere I go. I enjoy the increased synaptic activity from drinking water.

BallsWideDeep
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
During the summer I was drinking about three gallons a day, and only peeing twice (during the day, lots around might time). I'm only drinking about a gallon a day now. Combine that with a high protein diet and caffeine, and you get constant flow.

Alex.V
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Creatine is an amino acid derivative, the kidneys reabsorbe all the amino acids it filters unless you have a transporter deficiency. I wouldn't worry about it, I would also drink when I'm thirsty, if a bit more, you don't need 5 clear urinations a day.

^ this

Walking around with a gallon jug is overkill. Even if you're trying to get 8-10 cups of water a day, don't forget there's water in your food. You're not a marine in Afghanistan, you don't need to be hydrating the crap out of yourself.

For reference, as a 220 pound triathlete and aspiring powerlifter (though I suck at both) I drink about 30-40 ounces when I wake up, and 20-30 throughout the day. During workouts, I take in another 16 ounces per hour. My oats in the morning contain at least a cup, my rice at night another cup.

If I had to drink out of a gallon jug I'd shoot myself.

J.C.
10-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Same again. Water is one of those things which people have jumped on - probably because it's easy to drink a lot of it and feel like you've got the edge. The body will do just fine as long as you're not dying of dehydration, but a gallon is pretty easy once you're used to it.

In any case you look like a tool carrying around a gallon jug.

J.C.
10-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Oh, and one thing I should add is that you can get so used to large water consumption that it can be hard to adapt if you're in a situation that doesn't allow it. I remember working in construction one summer, we were on a different site, there was no water and I had only a small water bottle. I wasn't really all that dehydrated but having to work without drinking anything for a few hours was really hard just because I wasn't used to it.

I might be wrong in this, but I think the military occasionally do drills with rationed water to train for that possibility. This is a tangent but it's one of those weird things where doing everything perfectly in training can sometimes hinder you in real life. It's like going paleo for months and then throwing up because you ate a sandwich; it's not a particularly useful response if you're ever in a situation where you can't stick to your perfect diet.

ncsuLuke
11-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Agreed with some of of the posters above, you don't really need a full gallon of water a day. I think it is a good base to shoot for because I always feel better when I drink around that much water (especially in the summer) but I think its necessity is a bit overblown.

Ronny
11-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Well it is a kind of strange when you start drinking so much water and you are not used with it! But relax it can't hurt your health, there are only benefits of drinking a lot of water!

JacobH
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi Jeepmiller,
Water is vital for life and health and some benefits of drinking enough water are:
Water improves your metabolism and helps in reducing weight.
Water regulates body temperature, moisturizes air in lungs and prevents from dehydration.

Yeah I guess you haven't heard he's drinking a gallon of it a day.