PDA

View Full Version : Titan BOSS shirt or a 2 ply Katana

naites
10-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I am looking at getting a new BOSS or 2 ply Katana. Anyone ever use the BOSS? I have heard of people using it for the squat but not the bench press. Is it 2 layers laminated with F6 or Katana poly? Is it the same cut as a Katana or different?

Travis Bell
10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Never heard of anyone having much success with a Boss shirt. In fact I'm not even sure if you can get them any more.

theBarzeen
10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I used a BOSS shirt for 2 meets in '08 and '09..... it was better than my denim and my F6, but not as good as my 1st generation Overkill. The support is very good, and I like how Titan does the arm seams at the cuff/elbow/end ( whatever)...... but it didn't give as much pop as it should have considering how hard it was to work.

Depending on how big you are, you'd be welcome to my old BOSS shirt ( fits a smaller 308-er) I'm doing much better in the Overkill now.

mastermonster
10-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Back about 06 and into 07 I tried a Boss prototype. I never got a good touch without altering my technique to much to be successful at pushing it back up. My best comparison of it with the Katana was at 2 boards before my shoulder went down. I could push out 725 @ 2 boards with the Boss. In 08 I pushed 820 @ 2 boards with a 2 ply Super Katana. Both grid stitched. My vote is that the Katana is better for the majority of lifters. If I remember right, my Boss was designed F6 style.