PDA

View Full Version : ProRawTwo powerlifting

Fuzzy
10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I'll try to keep this sweet and to the point. Proraw is a new federation in Australia, amongst the IPF and WPC affiliates. It's a private federation started by Markos with the express intention of exceptionally well run meets with broader weight classes to encourage direct head to head competition between lifters. The goal is to also provide cash prizes.

Proraw One had 1k cash for each class winner. There was no cash this time around, but the overall winner from the 4 weight classes (176 209 242 242+) on formula won a trip to the US to compete at Clash of the Titans.

Proraw is raw + knee wraps. Markos is kinda old school so he does things his way, combining what he deems to be the best of the IPF and WPC.

1. Morning weigh in, but not a 2 hour weigh in. I and other who were struggling to make it where allowed to weigh in as early as 8am
2. Raw + wraps
3. Squats are walked out
3. Broader classes to create more stacking and direct head to head competition.

The competition was flawlessly run, there has never been anything like this in Australia. The venue was great, everything from the warm up room to the equipment was just immaculate. Massive organisation in getting lifters from airport to the meet hotel and venue, lots of work.

Personally, I was outclassed in the 242 so I struggled to make it to the 209. This was a long term goal to win this class and be one of the winners. I totaled 1501@209.

Other start performance include Gregg Gordon, who has a 19 year old 226lb lifter squatted 695 in a belt and wraps and benched 385 on his one and only attempt (pec injury)

Some videos.

YTupWpjYXJk

Cami, an 18 year old girl I coach, she deadlifted 330, this is her 325 second
DimBV7w7CBM

Just some highlights. Will post more as they come up.

thecityalive
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
SOO much focus on that squat. Great job!

NickAus
10-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Fantastic work!!

Lifter213
10-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Thats a squat!! Great job to all