PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my diet

bigME
10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello all. I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on my current diet. I'm trying to lean out after a 2 year relationship where I basically stopped working out and ate whatever I wanted and got fat.

I've been eating like this now for about 1-1.5 months and so far have made progress. It's been slow, but I must admit to straying on the weekends so I'm not surprised but I have been consistently down at least a bit every week. I weigh myself every Friday morning upon waking.

I know there are things about this diet that could be better but the one thing that is great about it is that it is manageable long term. I've tried the really low carb thing, the chicken and broccoli thing and although it is effective, for me, it's just not something I can do for very long.

So lemme know what you guys think. I don't have the caloric/macro nutrient breakdown with me right now but the total comes out to right at 2000kcals per day.

Meal 1
180g frozen mixed berries
8oz fat free milk
1 scoop nitrean
Blend into smoothie

Meal 2
200g brown rice
200g red beans
1 scoop nitrean w/ water

Meal 3
70g Beef Jerky
40g unsalted almonds
1 scoop nitrean w/water

Meal 3
8oz beef

Meal 4 (Post-Workout)
2 scoop nitrean w/water

IronRanger
10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Do you have a weak appetite? If so, fine, but my advice is to drop the nuts (high calorie, low satiety) and the shakes and eat real food. Eat more meat. Add fibrous vegetables. Eat fruit. Since I've made those changes to my diet, I'm much happier on less.

ncsuLuke
10-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Maybe you should try eating real food instead of a ton of protein shakes. That is not any diet that I can imagine doing on a regular basis.

bigME
10-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. The problem with eating "real food" as you've described is that I'm a super picky eater. I can only eat boneless skinless chicken breasts if they're served straight of the grill and even then, I take no enjoyment whatsoever in it, I'm basically forcing it. Turkey, I don't like at all in any form. Vegetables are a no go for me as well. So that's why the abundance of protein shakes.

Holto
10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
The problem with eating "real food" as you've described is that I'm a super picky eater.

I was a super picky eater and I learned how to cook. The bottom line is how bad do you want it?

bigME
10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I was a super picky eater and I learned how to cook. The bottom line is how bad do you want it?

What do you cook with if you don't like any of the ingredients normally included in recipes, lol?

Behemoth
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Maybe you should try eating real food instead of a ton of protein shakes. That is not any diet that I can imagine doing on a regular basis.
I don't disagree that real food isn't somewhat better, but that does not make a diet heavy on shakes bad by any means. It's really splitting hairs to have a diet quality enough that the difference between shakes or tuna would ever actually matter.

IronRanger
10-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I can only eat boneless skinless chicken breasts if they're served straight of the grill and even then, I take no enjoyment whatsoever in it

What do you enjoy eating?

HongMan_Choi
10-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Man the F*** up...you dont like chicken unless its right off the grill...lol, sound like a little girl, actualy sorry worse then one.

bigME
10-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Man the F*** up...you dont like chicken unless its right off the grill...lol, sound like a little girl, actualy sorry worse then one.

Lol, thanks for that constructive comment there guy. If only we all could be so insightful.....