PDA

View Full Version : 7 weeks out SQ/DL training

Chris Rodgers
10-15-2011, 08:28 PM
I always post my videos in my journal, but since a lot of you prob don't go there I figured I would share this here. I have been comepeting in powerlifting for 9 years now and have prob done over 30 meets. I have never competed without using at least one piece of gear(bench shirt and/or SQ/DL suit). The meet I will be lifting in on Dec. 3rd I will be competing in a belt+wraps. I am really excited. The training has been very different as opposed to getting ready for equipped meets. The stress level going in is way down because you don't have to worry about what weight you can touch or how much it will take to break parallel. I will be competing @165 and that's what I weighed today.

uS-w7zwlKw0

Pure Water
10-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Very strong for 165! Good luck in your meet.

headache
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
where are you training im also on long island

Chris Rodgers
10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Very strong for 165! Good luck in your meet.

Thanks man!

where are you training im also on long island

I train @ World Gym in West Babylon. Where do you train?

thecityalive
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
165? Christ. I need to train harder.

headache
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Right now me and my buddy are at bodyworks fitness in hauppauge but theres only a couple people there with the same goals so it sucks

Chris Rodgers
10-16-2011, 06:14 PM
165? Christ. I need to train harder.

LOL. Or maybe I do. It ain't easy being skinny!

Right now me and my buddy are at bodyworks fitness in hauppauge but theres only a couple people there with the same goals so it sucks

Are you guys looking to compete? At World's there is a monolift and we have specialty bars and chains. They are cool with us using chalk and stuff and everyone else pretty much stays out of our way, lol.

headache
10-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I mean somewhere down the road id like to compete my lifts are nowhere up to par right now but I'm deffinetly sick of walking the bar out when I squat lol and deffinetly trying to take my training to another level

Chris Rodgers
10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
I mean somewhere down the road id like to compete my lifts are nowhere up to par right now but I'm deffinetly sick of walking the bar out when I squat lol and deffinetly trying to take my training to another level

I hear ya man. The right atmosphere is huge when it comes to powerlifting. Also, your lifts are more than up to par to compete. I have been lifting a long time and you have me smoked in the bench and your squat and deadlift are both very good. You guys should take a trip to World Gym. You can pay $10 to lift for the day to try it out. They might even have a free pass offer out there somewhere if you search for it.

headache
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I think we will take a ride over there deffinetly been looking for some steady dudes to train with and learn from how many days a week are you training right now

Chris Rodgers
10-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I train 4 days per week. Right now its typically Mon Tues Fri Sat unless I have to switch it up for school or something.

thecityalive
10-18-2011, 06:33 PM
If I were around a gym with a monolift, I'd train there in a heart beat. (THAT and with a good core of people who know what the fuck they are doing)