PDA

View Full Version : 350 lb squat

Allen Cress
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-6sHqJtfYM

These were done after 3 sets of leg curls and 3 sets of leg press with 10 plates per side and a set of mini-bands.

Off Road
10-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Nice. It's great to see bodybuilders doing the basics.

Allen Cress
10-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Nice. It's great to see bodybuilders doing the basics.

I do the basics all the time just not the basic order and usually a twist to it like adding bands to leg press. I honestly haven't done squats first in a workout in a long time.

ThomasG
10-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I do the basics all the time just not the basic order and usually a twist to it like adding bands to leg press. I honestly haven't done squats first in a workout in a long time.

You're the one who actually gave me this idea. Sometime I'll have clients do Leg ext, leg press, GHR, then squat. They hate it :). Excellent periodization.

greemah
10-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Man, strong as hell after already doing all that. Nice pushing through that last rep

Only reason I keep the basic movements at the top of the order is so I don't have to spend most of my workout dreading them :)

krazylarry
10-25-2011, 10:50 PM
good form

Allen Cress
10-26-2011, 04:46 AM
Man, strong as hell after already doing all that. Nice pushing through that last rep

Only reason I keep the basic movements at the top of the order is so I don't have to spend most of my workout dreading them :)

Always just focus on what you are doing, not what you will be doing. Take each exericse and look at it as a challenge and when you face that challenge move on to the next one in that workout. Also changing exericse sequence is important for balance.

greemah
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Always just focus on what you are doing, not what you will be doing. Take each exericse and look at it as a challenge and when you face that challenge move on to the next one in that workout. Also changing exericse sequence is important for balance.

Thanks for the tip, I always keep the rest of the workout in the back of my mind so might try focus on the one at a time.

When you say changing sequence is important for balance, do you mean say for instance I do bench after deads usually, try doing it the other way round so bench is done while completely fresh? If so, how often would you normally change this up? As I think doing this would cause me to loose a bit of intensity for a couple weeks in the shifted lifts

power cell
10-27-2011, 10:49 PM
very easy !
look so strong.

Coke
10-30-2011, 05:14 AM
Great job - nice and fluid throughout, just plain smooth with those squats!!

Allen Cress
10-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the tip, I always keep the rest of the workout in the back of my mind so might try focus on the one at a time.

When you say changing sequence is important for balance, do you mean say for instance I do bench after deads usually, try doing it the other way round so bench is done while completely fresh? If so, how often would you normally change this up? As I think doing this would cause me to loose a bit of intensity for a couple weeks in the shifted lifts

Changing exercise sequence is more important when training for size and development more than if you are training for just strength. For my clients whose goals are mainly just strength then their first exercise will stay the same for 3-5 weeks depending on their feedback. Never constantly do the exact same exercise first evrytime you train.