PDA

View Full Version : Gear Question

headache
10-26-2011, 08:01 PM
I have a question concerning when or if I should jump into a squat suit or use knee wraps. I've got this slight pain in one knee in the earlier sets when I squat and it goes away as I go on. But I'm wondering if theres a point where you should start thinking about wraps and suits and such?

kingns
10-26-2011, 09:50 PM
get knee sleeves if you dont plan to compete. Get knee wraps if you plan to compete raw, and if you plan to compete with a suit get one

ScottYard
10-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Its time to think about recovery, proper warms ups and, prehab work. gear only covers issues up. it doesnt fix them.

headache
10-27-2011, 09:45 AM
What would be some good warm ups for squats, right now I'm doing a 5 minute walk and very light leg extensions to loosen my knees up.

Travis Bell
10-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Its time to think about recovery, proper warms ups and, prehab work. gear only covers issues up. it doesnt fix them.

Scott speaks the truth. Fix the problem first. Dont get into gear to avoid it.

theBarzeen
10-27-2011, 05:39 PM
I agree with Travis and Scott.... gear is great for a lot of things.... but I'd figure out the knee first. It could be a muscle imbalance, a tight quad or hamstring, or a locked up hip..... but gear will not fix it.

Once it's fixed, then buy a squat suit and wraps......:)

Dank27
10-27-2011, 06:28 PM
for my warm up on leg days I get on the bike for about 15 with the seat at different heights to warm up my hips and knees. Then I do some stretching for my quads and hams.

With warm up you need to find what works for you. good luck