PDA

View Full Version : Eggs

Vido
05-27-2002, 02:19 PM
How bad is it for you to eat whole eggs? I usually have about 4 per day. It seems a waste of money to only eat the whites, and the yolks taste much better too. I heard that even though the yolk is full of cholesterol it also contains lecithin which aids in lowering cholesterol. Do these offset each other? I'm thinking more long term here as I could end up being screwed if I keep eating 28 eggs a week.

Relentless
05-27-2002, 02:42 PM
It's fashionable to eat the whites only, and there may be benefit to this.

But Arnold eats/ate whole eggs. That's good enough for me.

ions
05-27-2002, 02:47 PM
I have one whole egg then pour some egg white in with it to equal about 5 whites all together. Can you not use a carton of egg whites with your regular eggs instead of seperating?

Vido
05-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by ions
I have one whole egg then pour some egg white in with it to equal about 5 whites all together. Can you not use a carton of egg whites with your regular eggs instead of seperating?

I could do that but I am not cutting and am not afraid of eating fat. I have actually heard that the yolk is far superior to the white for mass-building purposes which makes sense imo. My question refers more to health-related problems, not appearance-related problems.

ions
05-27-2002, 04:41 PM
Ahhh ok, well from the limited bit of reading I've done I think the yolks do raise the bad cholesterol - not positive but I think that's the idea.

Jane
05-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Eggs:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=55
:thumbup:

Vido
05-27-2002, 05:15 PM
Thanks Jane :)