PDA

View Full Version : bench meet results (USPA)

jtteg_x
10-29-2011, 08:38 PM
*scroll down for cliffs*

Prior to this meet I been training with my 2-ply SK. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to touch a weight in it so I ended up using a loose single ply SK. I put a 4 week cycle in it (2 raw/2 shirted and was ready to go after gauging my opener of 455lb. I spent the night in a hotel near the meet site. I regret doing so because I had difficulty sleeping on their bed along with being sick (mucus build up in my throat causing me to choke in my sleep). I pop in some melatonin and tried relaxing myself to sleep. I was able to sleep around the clock but got sudden wake-ups from the mucus building up in my throat. It's about 1am and I barely had 15min of sleep. I lay down until it was 2am and knock out. Again, got a sudden wake up call at 4am not being able to breathe. That happens all the way through 6am.
I get a solid breakfast and arrive to meet site. Pop in some ALN Axcel and ready to go. Warm-ups felt good and worked up to 445lb off a 2-brd. Took my opener of 463lb and locked out it fast after fighting to touch. Went 473 and smoked it. 3rd attempt I went 485 and my left wrist gave out. I posted vid of my 2nd and 3rd attempts. I'm hoping to get some advice on my 3rd attempt as what I did wrong. I keep blaming my lack of sleep and not having the energy but no excuses.

cliffs - had horrible night of sleep before meet day, touched my opener, smoked my 2nd and failed on my 3rd without figuring out why. seeking advice what I did wrong and what I can do to correct it in training.

2nd attempt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwOiX65TiGg
3rd attempt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxnwxUfWwp4

Brian C
10-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Good job! On your third attempt, you dont seem to have your feet set and there is a lot of movement in your left foot. You have you left heel up, then on the decent your able to get your heel down. Should have it down from the get go and keep it there. Then you come up on your toes again, which seems to loosen up your form, and thats when the bar starts swaying. Just seems you werent set right from the get go.