PDA

View Full Version : sgretch marks *arrrrgh!!!*

thatguy
05-01-2001, 03:20 PM
Sorry if this slightly off topic. I've been working out consistently for ~ 2 years now. I lost a lot of weight...gone from 225 to 155 (I'm 5"7') and from a 40" waist to a 31" waist. The problem I'm having now is that I've got lots of nasty stretch marks around my waist. I'd like to be able to show off all of my hard work, but I want to know how to get rid of (or reduce) the stretch mark factor. Any thoughts?

Allie
05-01-2001, 04:07 PM
Most of the things that I've read say to use vit E to reduce the noticibility. I've also been told that Retin A works good. Personally I have never tried either. But I hope this helps :)

Anthony
05-01-2001, 04:19 PM
They are scars. They'll fade in time, but you got them for life ... short of lazer surgery (which isn't 100% either).

Free Bird
05-01-2001, 10:25 PM
i understand completely. i have two fat scars on my shoulders from surgery. they are the first thing people look at when i am in a tank top or any type of shirt in which they show. Corroborating what Anthony said, i had laser surgery on the scars about 2-3 weeks ago and the coloration of the scars is getting better but only slightly. it is not supposed to completely disappear.
FB