PDA

View Full Version : My diet results

Bobarell
05-27-2002, 02:53 PM
Hey all,

I wanted to post my progress to see if I am doing OK. It has been 2 1/2 months and am anxious to start bulking. I am thinking maybe 2-3 weeks I will be where I need to be to start. I don't have much muscle and I think if I start gaining some weight/muscle I will be able to burn that last few pounds of fat.

I started at ~180 at 5'10". I am now 160.

I did a Keto type diet most of the time, but 2 weeks in the middle I did an isocaloric diet and have been doing one for a week now. I am doing it this way to get a little variety in my diet and to change it up a little.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bobarell/lst?.dir=/Diet+results&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

Paul Stagg
05-28-2002, 10:33 AM
Attach the photos. My filter software won't let me go to your site.

Bobarell
05-28-2002, 11:04 AM
Comparison picts

Bobarell
05-28-2002, 11:04 AM
Frontal flex

Bobarell
05-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Tri's/side

Bobarell
05-28-2002, 11:07 AM
Another front flex.....

What do you guys think my BF is right now? I was thinking maybe 12%

Paul Stagg
05-28-2002, 11:17 AM
Probably somewhere around there.

Good improvement. Looks like it is time to put some mass on.

Ferdo
05-28-2002, 12:12 PM
Ya looking good bud. Chest looks good. Its up to u if you want to put on mass, but i would shoot to go back up to 180, u look pretty tall. Did you do any cardio or just good eating?

Bobarell
05-28-2002, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys.
I did nothing but good eating and basketball once a week for 2 months out of it. The last 2 weeks I have added 3-4days of mod intensity cardio for 30 minutes, but I haven't been able to BBall at all.

I am going to diet for another 1 1/2 weeks and I am going to bulk. I get fat really easily so I can't bulk like I want to, but I will keep it clean and up my cals to ~3000 from 1900 right now. Low/mod fat-high carbs-mod protein diet.

Shao-LiN
05-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Nice improvement man...keep it up.

MRJ
05-28-2002, 04:18 PM
Nice progression & results . . . Bulking would be your option, you appear to be fit as you stand at 160.

Well done.

gymtime
05-29-2002, 12:23 PM
Excellent work man!!

Jane
05-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Very nice work indeed.
A clean bulk may not be as wild and crazy as some people prefer, but it's going to be better for you and it's definitely going to be a welcome change from cutting. Much more fun to go the gym and really build some results rather than chip away, you know? :)

laxplayer39
06-02-2002, 03:47 PM
??

you didnt do any sort of weight lifting at all!?

and you lost 20lbs of what looks like all fat in 2 1/2 months!?

man im jealous - ive been lifitng for like 6 months and i havent seen that much improvment but i will be the first to agree my diet isnt so good b/c of the fact that i cant eat meat in the house.

im really interested in the diet you followed? you think you could email it to me?

im about the stats you were
5'10" 195

and i really need to get my weight down
thanks man!!!
Sunil

Behemoth
06-02-2002, 04:16 PM
Why can't you eat meat in your house?

Bobarell
06-02-2002, 05:57 PM
I did lift weights before I started dieting. It was not serious and I had not been in the gym in about 4 months when I started the diet.

I had some life things to take care of and was feeling down. Now, instead of thinking about things that could bring me down I think about my diet and my WO's.

I was doing a CKD and if you cannot eat meat than I think you are pretty much SOL when it comes to this diet. Let us know why you can't eat meat in the house and maybe we can come up with some solutions for you.

Bobarell
06-02-2002, 06:02 PM
Also, since i have been dieting my weights have gone up a lot. I was eating sh*t before I started this diet and all of my WO's were crap.

Doing a CKD I was getting in a lot of protein and I think that was helping my strength greatly. I just started a bulk cycle for about a month and I will keep everyone posted as to how it is going.

Saint Patrick
06-02-2002, 07:09 PM
ok, stupid question.........

What's CKD?

laxplayer39
06-02-2002, 09:45 PM
well i cant eat meat in the house b/c of the fact that my parents and family are vegetarians and i am not

i eat meat like at subway but i cant prepare it in the house

so i have protein supps like shakes and bars and stuff but its hard for me to eat meat

so help me out!!

Bobarell
06-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Buy some precooked chicken at the store. You have plenty of options. Also, if your family is forcing you to live their lifestyle than you need to do something about that. Not really fair to you.

Back to your diet.....Eat as much meat as possible. Get rid of the starchy foods. I hope when you say that you go to Subway that you get the wheat bread. There are options out there for you. Most grocerie stores have a bunch of precooked meats you can buy and you can have lots of sandwich meat. I think you can buy one of those dorm room fridges for around $100 or less if you look in the classifieds. Put the fridge in your room and you will be cool

Bobarell
06-02-2002, 10:37 PM
Cyclical Ketogenic Diet-pretty much a Keto diet with refeeds on the weekends. Lotsa carbs.

Do a search for "Cyclical Ketogenic Diet" on google and you will come out with a lot of info. Either that or CKD diet. I know the D is for diet but this also returned a lot of results

laxplayer39
06-02-2002, 11:08 PM
hey man thx for hte advice

my parents dont really care but i mean they dont want me cooking chicken or meat in the kitchen b/c they fuckin hate the smell

hmm can you be more specific?

im 5'10 195

how many cals do i need from pro/carb/fat?

what was a sample diet you did?

and should i take creatine while on this diet (i have some leftover)

thanks!!
Sunil

thalapathi
06-02-2002, 11:56 PM
Laxplayer- I understand your situation and at my previous apartment, my roommates didnt want me to cook meat( I am indian too and we were all vegetarians until that point). Get the dorm room size fridge that Bobarell suggested and get some precooked chicken and put it in there or some frozen chicken breasts. If you can, get a george foreman grill, the really small one might do, and its really cheap, cost effective and you could make your own chicken.
Try to tell your parents your goals and explain to them the importance of protein. It might help. Eat more dhal and also get some good beans (kidney,pinto,etc) raw, not the canned one and just pressure cook it and eat it. Another thing you can consider is eating tuna/salmon right from the can with mayo/mustard if you dont mind the taste. Good luck .

WannaBeStrong
06-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Calories - try 12 * BW which would be 2340

Get 1g-2g protein per lbs which would be 780-1560 calories. The other should be fat.
Fat: 86g - 173g
Carbs: 0g
Protein: 390g-195g.

IMHO - The best diet would be with less protein and more EFAs. Your brain will thank you and your energy levels will be a bit higher.

majsi98
06-21-2002, 02:46 PM
WTF 390 grams of proteins is way to high the highest I ve been was 330gr and I considered that already way too much

WannaBeStrong
06-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Notice it was a guideline for a ketogenic diet, not a healthy consistent diet. I would never personally go past 1.5g/lb, but some people do.

NeXuSi
06-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Out of curiosity, could you give me some more detailed info on what you actually ate (e.g. food at the meals).

I'm about the same stats, and hoping to do something similar to lose weight as well.

NeXuSi
06-24-2002, 07:20 PM
...bump...

(see above post)