PDA

View Full Version : nutrient timing while cutting and cardio

yayeti
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I know the main thing to lose fat is just make sure you are in a calorie deficit. How important is nutrient timing when trying to lose weight?

Should I incorporate cardio into my routine to accelerate the process or will this just cause excess loss of muscle?

Behemoth
11-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I know the main thing to lose fat is just make sure you are in a calorie deficit. How important is nutrient timing when trying to lose weight?

IMO, not all that important.

Should I incorporate cardio into my routine to accelerate the process or will this just cause excess loss of muscle?
Cardio is not going to accelerate fatloss any quicker than through the amount of extra calories it expends.

yayeti
11-01-2011, 04:56 PM
cool, thanks for the reply.

when cutting do you alter your weight training? I read somewhere that when you are in a calorie deficit it is better to train super heavy like 3-5 reps because this tells your body that you need to hold on to the muscle. What are your thoughts as far as rep range and bodypart split when cutting?

Behemoth
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Altering it off the bat is a mistake. Train like you have been to retain it on a diet, you may find you need to cut back the volume but don't start lifting light.

Allen Cress
11-02-2011, 04:04 AM
As Behemoth stated nutrient timing is not important, macro breakdown more so. Cardio should only be added in if ones fat loss has stopped with dieting(as long as its not extreme). Don't throw the kitchen sink at yourself to soon as many do. Get the most out of the least especially when it comes to cardio. Everyone is different and their metabolic rate will be a factor on if they need cardio.

Mark!
11-02-2011, 05:44 AM
As Behemoth stated nutrient timing is not important, macro breakdown more so. Cardio should only be added in if ones fat loss has stopped with dieting(as long as its not extreme). Don't throw the kitchen sink at yourself to soon as many do. Get the most out of the least especially when it comes to cardio. Everyone is different and their metabolic rate will be a factor on if they need cardio.

This is what I've always been told by Josh Bryant. Don't pull out all the stops until what you're doing doesn't work anymore. Right now, I'm lifting, no cardio, and losing weight, when that stops, I'll add minimal cardio to see a drop on the scale, then just add more and more, but as long as I'm seeing progress by lifting heavy, and keeping diet in check, I'm rolling with that.