PDA

View Full Version : Westside 4 Athletes

chris mason
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM
As some of you may know I am involved in the now being developed Westside 4 Athletes (W4A). The main program is being developed by Louie Simmons and Rick Scarpulla. I am really excited about it as it will take Louie's Westside principles and combined them with some very unique speed, agility, and reaction time practices to make for what will be the best athletic development program to date.

Here is a link to the announcement on Rick's site: http://www.myultimateadvantage.com/bulletinDetail.cfm?bulletinID=25

This is going to be very, very cool.

ThomasG
11-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Suhweet!!!

Murderous
11-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Did Louie ever think about working on a "West Side For Raw" template?

chris mason
11-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Lol, no, because the template would be no different. We train raw athletes at our gym using the exact same template. The only exercise variety is that I will include the free squat as one of the ME squat variations. The balance of the program works just as well for raw as equipped.

I think in asking that question you don't understand the underlying principles of Westside. For example, when choosing one's exercises for ME rotation care should be taken to choose the 3-4 best exercises for YOU. If you train raw that might alter which exercises best drive up your raw bench, squat, and deadlift. Get it?

RhodeHouse
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Did Louie ever think about working on a "West Side For Raw" template?

The older Westside stuff is great for raw training. Look at the stuff written back in the 90's.

Westside doesn't compete raw so there won't be a raw training template. Some guys say the DE work should dropped and replaced with RE work because it kills the shoulders and elbows. I tend to agree. Like I said, look at some of the early Westside stuff and it's a great raw template.