PDA

View Full Version : What to eat before and after weight training?

arry
11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
I want to gain some weight in the form of muscle. I've been trying to find out if I should eat before and/or after weight training, but there are just too many conflicting sources of info out there. So what should my plan be for eating for easier weight gain? Is it better to eat protein before or after weight lifting? Or should I eat it at both times?

Behemoth
11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I eat about 50-75g protein and 50-75g carbs two hours post workout and roughly the same right after my workout. The end of the day totals are more important though.

korey
11-07-2011, 08:02 AM
BEFORE WORKOUT eat like 2 large chicken breast and 1 1/2 cup of brown rice.
AFTER WORKOUT protein shake ( with 2 cups of milk depending on yout protein powder i use dymatize) turkey sandwhich(Look at servings on back of the turkey and use twice as much) with whole wheat bread

Behemoth
11-07-2011, 12:55 PM
BEFORE WORKOUT eat like 2 large chicken breast and 1 1/2 cup of brown rice.
AFTER WORKOUT protein shake ( with 2 cups of milk depending on yout protein powder i use dymatize) turkey sandwhich(Look at servings on back of the turkey and use twice as much) with whole wheat bread

What? Especially this - "turkey sandwhich(Look at servings on back of the turkey and use twice as much)"

thecityalive
11-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Before a workout, I generally don't like to eat a lot. If anything, I will eat tuna (in water) from the can or in between two pieces of bread. Snack on some almonds, down my Nitrean shake and do work.

After, it's Results and Opticen. Basically, my main goal post workout is to spike my insulin levels and replenish in food. I usually devour anything.

Off Road
11-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Pre-workout = Nitrean with milk
Post-workout = Nitrean and Results with milk
Post-post-workout = Large meal with red meat and carbs and milk