PDA

View Full Version : Problem locking elbow when benchpressin

Goatofthunder
11-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi guys.

For the past few weeks my right elbow has had trouble locking out at the top of my benchpresses. It doesn't hurt or anything, but i do feel like my right elbow gets pumped up especially when doing 5+ reps making it hard to lock out. This has never happend to me before, and i am right handed. This is frusterating cause i feel like my left hand still has 1-2 reps left before failiure.

I have not notcied that my right tricep is weaker then my left one, so i don't understand why this is happening. Any ideas why and how I could possibly fix this?

Rob Luyando
11-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Find an ART Dr in your area and have him break up the scar tissue in your elbows. That may be restricting you from full extending them with heavy weight. Or you may just need to work harder with you bad arm to get it stronger to lock out the heavy weight. Not being a smart ass just pointing out what might truly be going on.

RhodeHouse
11-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I agree with Rob. It's probably not an issue if it doesn't hurt.

thecityalive
11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
You may also benefit from self-myofascial release with foam rolling before/ after training. I know for some trouble spots, I bust out the lacrosse ball and roll a troubled muscle to scan for stubborn spots.

Goatofthunder
11-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Come to think of it, i only recently started to do 8-12 reps for my lifts in hope for better hyperthrophy. May be my left arm is just a litle stronger. Hopefully that will even out with time.

I reallr hope that is the reason cause then ot will be easy to fix.

theBarzeen
11-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Hypertrophy? 8-12 reps????!!

shave your legs and oil up.... you, sir, are a bodybuilder. THERE'S your problem.

In all seriousness I'd be more worried if it were failing on a heavy set, but just getting tired sooner during your bench-cardio isn't much to sweat about ( pun intended, albeit lame)... I'd do more lockout work, and some dumbbell triceps work like Key presses. and +1 for the ART therapy.