PDA

View Full Version : active recovery

JSully
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
what kind of active recovery protocols do you guys use?

ice bath, contrast shower, stretch/foam roll, LX ball, etc..

currently I ice bath once-twice a week, stretch/foam roll 4-5x week and LX ball once-twice a week.. I suppose I should start doing contrast showers for 10mins after my regular showers...

what does everyone else?

Travis Bell
11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
ultra light weight movements for very high reps. That's what keeps my joints in top shape.

Other than that, I do light stretching and lacrosse ball massage. Works wonders.

JSully
11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
ultra light weight movements for very high reps. That's what keeps my joints in top shape.

Other than that, I do light stretching and lacrosse ball massage. Works wonders.

isolation type movements or compound?

do you do anything for muscular/cns recovery?

Travis Bell
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
isolation type movements or compound?

both

do you do anything for muscular/cns recovery?

Not quite sure what you mean, but if you're referring to the contrast showers and such, yes I do those about once a week or so. Not nearly as much as the other stuff.

theBarzeen
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I do a workout the day after my heavy squat/pull day to flush everything out... lots of light box squats ( the only time I squat to a box), light pulls, usually off of blocks, sometimes with bands, sled work, good mornings ( very light), prowler, some kettlebell work.

This helps conditioning AND recovery.

Some walking and stretching throughout the week as well as contrast showers 2-3 times a week, foam roller, rumble roller, massage, ice massage, etc...