PDA

View Full Version : USPA meet results 11/6/11

Brian Hopper
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
o9tX_lzi-KI

MarcusWild
11-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Great job! It looks like you had really good attempt selection too.

Brian Hopper
11-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Great job! It looks like you had really good attempt selection too.

Thanks alot Marcus, yeah I called those numbers perfect. I probably had another 5lbs more in the squat, but not the other two, lol.

jkstrength
11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Excellent lifting. Great job!

CrazyEyesPat
11-07-2011, 05:11 PM
nice job man---- 6 friggin months after acl reconstruction as well? absolutely nasty

thecityalive
11-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Agreed, that is some absurd recovery speed, Brian. What percent Terminator are you now? Hehe.

Congrats! That deadlift looked quite easy for ya.

Brian Hopper
11-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Excellent lifting. Great job!

nice job man---- 6 friggin months after acl reconstruction as well? absolutely nasty

Agreed, that is some absurd recovery speed, Brian. What percent Terminator are you now? Hehe.

Congrats! That deadlift looked quite easy for ya.

Thanks alot guys!!!

ScottYard
11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Awesome job Brian. PRs all around. Does the USPA use a deadlift bar?

Brian Hopper
11-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Awesome job Brian. PRs all around. Does the USPA use a deadlift bar?

Thanks Scott!!! Yeah, I believe he said it was an okie deadlift bar.

mastermonster
11-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I can't see the vid yet at work, but congrats! That's awesome!

Brian Hopper
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I can't see the vid yet at work, but congrats! That's awesome!

Thanks Buddy!!!

UncleAl
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Great job, Brian, and congratulations on the PRs!!!!!

Was the meet well attended? There have been so many meets in Central Florida over the past few weeks, I have been wondering which feds took the biggest hits.

Brian Hopper
11-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Great job, Brian, and congratulations on the PRs!!!!!

Was the meet well attended? There have been so many meets in Central Florida over the past few weeks, I have been wondering which feds took the biggest hits.

Thanks UncleAl!!! It was a small meet, with 14 squatters and I think 18 benchers. With the southern states the week before I wasn't expecting a huge turnout. Even though it was a small meet, it was well organized.

UncleAl
11-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks UncleAl!!! It was a small meet, with 14 squatters and I think 18 benchers. With the southern states the week before I wasn't expecting a huge turnout. Even though it was a small meet, it was well organized.
Our team had considered doing the USPA meet when it was billed as a nationals, but after they changed the title, we dispersed to the other venues. Actually, I'm surprised Brian Schwab pulled in so many of us raw lifters at the Southern States, because 100% RAW was holding its worlds a few miles away.

Again, congratulations, big guy. Some of the USPA judges are very tough and have been known to call guys for depth if they're not "convincingly below parallel" (as in ATG), but even the toughest couldn't have questioned yours. You really got down there. Very impressive.

Brian Hopper
11-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Our team had considered doing the USPA meet when it was billed as a nationals, but after they changed the title, we dispersed to the other venues. Actually, I'm surprised Brian Schwab pulled in so many of us raw lifters at the Southern States, because 100% RAW was holding its worlds a few miles away.

Again, congratulations, big guy. Some of the USPA judges are very tough and have been known to call guys for depth if they're not "convincingly below parallel" (as in ATG), but even the toughest couldn't have questioned yours. You really got down there. Very impressive.

Schwab always puts on a good meet, so as long as he keeps doing it he'll always draw a crowd. I thought they did a great job with the judging. They said that if they were to put a marble on your leg and it doesn't roll down then your not deep enough in the squat. So I made sure I took it down there.

NickAus
11-09-2011, 01:49 AM
AWESOME!!

Brian Hopper
11-09-2011, 05:59 AM
AWESOME!!

Thanks Nick!!!

SELK
11-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Big raw total Brian, looks like you are stronger then ever.

Brian Hopper
11-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Big raw total Brian, looks like you are stronger then ever.

Thanks alot Ryan!!!