PDA

View Full Version : My 850 bench

vdizenzo
11-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Here's the video of my 850 bench. I can't even begin to count how much I did wrong on this press. It drives me crazy because I had such a great training cycle. My max effort lifts were great and my shirted benches were super clean. I am capable of better and expect more of myself.

I'll be back in the gear for the Europa in June. I'll be 275 instead of 290 which will give me better adjustability with the shirt. I look forward to the opportunity to make lifts I'll be much more proud of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r19zoIxRWi0

Murderous
11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
You wearing the new Metal shirt? BTW I tried to listen to your radio broadcast today, is your timezone in Indiana? I am on pacific timing us and canada. Thanks.

NickAus
11-08-2011, 12:59 AM
850 Vinnie 850!!

Awesome!!

ScottYard
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Way to stick with it Vinny.

vdizenzo
11-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Way to stick with it Vinny.

Thx, I'm a little embarrassed to pass you on EliteFTS with that. Then Rhodes did a great job of putting me in my place even further on the show last night when he reminded me your 840 was about a billion years ago when you might have even been a jr. and you did yours in a full meet.

Brian C
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Great press Vinnie, congrats!

Rob Luyando
11-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Vincent Vincent Vincent is all i'm gona say

theBarzeen
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM
wow.... I didn't expect it to be THAT sloppy.... great job muscling it up though, that's some HUGE weight.

UncleAl
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Looking VERY strong, Vince.

Brian Hopper
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Strong press!!!

chris mason
11-08-2011, 06:48 PM
That's a big bench any way you cut it. Good job!

Travis Bell
11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Great job buddy. Not every lift is going to be picture perfect.

I might have to talk my wife into making a trip out to CT this summer for the Europa...

ScottYard
11-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Thx, I'm a little embarrassed to pass you on EliteFTS with that. Then Rhodes did a great job of putting me in my place even further on the show last night when he reminded me your 840 was about a billion years ago when you might have even been a jr. and you did yours in a full meet.

I was 23 and just squatted 1050 an hour prior to benching 840 but Im not counting LOL

Dont be embarassed. The lift looked fine. Well done!

mastermonster
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Congrats on the 850 Vinnie!

Kevin K
11-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Awesome job Vincent!

vdizenzo
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Thx for all the positive comments gang. I WILL do better next time out in the shirt.

kingkong51
11-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Great Job Vinny bench looked great.

Rugby Dad
11-27-2011, 04:18 PM
OK i'll say it... I don't know how judges ever passed that lift?
it was a partial lift at best, then the lock-out was questionable.
Sorry just my 2 cents

vdizenzo
11-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Sorry just my 2 cents

You are entitled to your opinion. I openly admit it was not my best work. I pressed it, held it, and the judges gave me the whites. I have seen worse. However, I do expect better of myself. You all will see better from me in June.

J_Byrd
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Impressive lift, even more impressive how you handled the criticism. How do you like the Jack shirt?

RhodeHouse
11-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry just my 2 cents

Ok, I'll say it... You go do it. I want to see your 850lb bench press. I want to see you press 850 on a deadlift bar. When you can do that, then you can criticise the lift. Was it perfect? no, but it was passed and that's just fine in the real world.

Get back to us with your 850lb bench video. Seeya soon.

HongMan_Choi
11-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Ok, I'll say it... You go do it. I want to see your 850lb bench press. I want to see you press 850 on a deadlift bar. When you can do that, then you can criticise the lift. Was it perfect? no, but it was passed and that's just fine in the real world.

Get back to us with your 850lb bench video. Seeya soon.

Are you implying that you have to be able to or have done the thing which you are critiquing? I don't think professional critiques of almost anything possess those qualifications...

and on topic.. very strong lift

44pirate
11-29-2011, 07:18 AM
It takes alot of dedication, hard work and big balls to get under 850lbs, but it takes a stronger man to admit it wasn't your best work. I commend you. Great job. I know you will do a better job at it.

RhodeHouse
11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Are you implying that you have to be able to or have done the thing which you are critiquing? I don't think professional critiques of almost anything possess those qualifications...

and on topic.. very strong lift

Nope, there's no implication at all - that's exactly what I'm saying. I find that the guys who are really strong don't make critiques like this. They know how hard it is to lift that kind of weight. They also understand that when you get to this level, all of your lifts won't look perfect. Take what you get and continue to improve.

It's always the small, weak bitches who have something negative to say. They can't do it. They probably don't even compete. They're jealous and find the need to rip on successful guys because they suck at lifting and probably at life.

As for your professional critique comment - this is the problem. People with absolutely no qualifications can just come out and critique something when they have no idea what it takes to do the thing they're critiquing. You always see this in sports when some fat, out of shape Al Bundy-type criticizes a coach or player for making a bad call/play. If it's so easy to do, then they should get out there and do it themselves and show us how it "should" be done. Unfortunately, in this world of keyboard warriors, any jackleg can comment on something. In reality, this same assclown wouldn't say a word to Vincent's or my face in person. they'd be sucking our dicks.

So yes, unless you've done it or have a real idea of what it's like, then you SHOULD keep you weak mouth shut. Unfortunately, it's the douchebags that talk.

MrBean
11-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Frigin Awesome.