PDA

View Full Version : pre-workout kcals?

luka5
11-07-2011, 11:53 PM
do you think 1 banana & 200ml low fat kefir (8g protein, 37g carbs, 4g fat) is a good idea 15-20 minutes before a workout/cardio? 1.45-2h earlier a normal whole food meal. after workout also whole food solid meal

I just need to add some kcal to my diet and wonder if preworkout kcal would be more beneficial. i quite dont believe this hype about postworkout nutrition. preworkout is much more improtant isnt it? since digesting takes much more than 1h. and also if there is solid meal post workout there is no need for protein shakes psotworkout, right?

greemah
11-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Have whatever you want pre-workout, whatever you find works for you. The main purpose of that is to make sure you have some carbs for energy, and it is good to have some protein in your system. A lot of people don't even eat pre-workout

If you have a decent meal relatively quickly afterwards you are probably ok without a protein shake, but most people like some whey straight afterwards as it is fast digesting, and some high GI carbs to quickly get nutrients to your muscles. Don't underestimate the value of post-workout nutrition, which is IMO the most important meal

Allen Cress
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Whats important is a balanced diet. Don't focus too much on pre or post workout. One meal does not make that big of a difference. Its what you had the whole day before, the day of, and the day after. It doesnt have to be complicated, but unfourtunatley thats wht the industry does and people find that more appealing and think if its more complicated it works better.

skinnypete
11-09-2011, 06:08 PM
try using a pre-work out supplement if you want performance in the gym then feed with food

Behemoth
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't like to eat within 2 hours before my workout but it's very individual.