PDA

View Full Version : Overkill Power Pit heavy squat day....

theBarzeen
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
The Overkill Power Pit crew is getting ready for the Lexen meet in March.....

This is the beginning of our heavy training cycle.....

Jose Garcia does a few light sets breaking in his briefs ( only 830#)
Jason Patrick works up to 1010 in just briefs
Raw-Dog Dave works up to 650 ( no wraps)
Noel Levario works up to his come-back meet with an easy 730 in briefs
Franco hits an easy 650 and pulls a nice 6-plates to top it off
I planned to work up to somewhere around my 3 attempts...
950 went easy 1020 was harder than it should have been ( both were called right at parallel, I know they look high in the video) I took 1060 for a ride as well.... it went down and up but felt heavy and I wussied out and cut it high... really high..... Nobody to blame but myself and I'm not happy about it. I made up for it by pulling what I planned to be my deadlift opener for three reps, raw, no belt..... I think it's time to raise that opener.

http://youtu.be/UHHQ7_UStio

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UHHQ7_UStio?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

robertjr93
11-10-2011, 04:59 PM
wow great lifting by chance do you mind if i ask you a few questions tho?

IronDiggy
11-10-2011, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=theBarzeen;2517931 I took 1060 for a ride as well.... it went down and up but felt heavy and I wussied out and cut it high... really high..... Nobody to blame but myself and I'm not happy about it. I made up for it by pulling what I planned to be my deadlift opener for three reps, raw, no belt..... I think it's time to raise that opener.
[/QUOTE]

Awe I hate it when I do that. Some awesome lifting!

theBarzeen
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
wow great lifting by chance do you mind if i ask you a few questions tho?

Ask away, man. I am always happy to talk to another lifter.

robertjr93
11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
what other gear have you used besides overkill and how did you like it? What kind of numbers did you hit with that gear?

theBarzeen
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
dang.... I wrote a HUGE reply, only to have it get lost when I tried to post it.....

in a nutshell,

I've worked single ply ( titan and Metal) and lots of multi-ply gear ( frantz briefs, canvas, and denim shirt, BOSS shirt, ACE shirt, rageX, BOSS briefs, Frantz denim deadlift suit, Overkill canvas from the 1st generation to the current 3rd gen. suits, Overkill 3-ply briefs, 2-ply shirts and 3-ply shirts, as well as the Overkill 2-ply deadlift suit) I am always looking for the best gear to compete in, and for me, for now, the best combo I've found is the Overkill 3-ply briefs under the new hybrid suit ( poly top and crotch, canvas lowers), I still like my old 2-ply Overkill shirt from 2009 better than the newer versions and options available, and the overkill deadlift suit, I also just switched from the original TP5000 wraps to the Overkill wraps.

In a nutshell, my best totals by year and equipment.
Frantz briefs, canvas, denim shirt. ( 738-440-601)
Overkill canvas, ACE briefs, Overkill 2-ply shirt. ( 760-585-606).... I hit a 551 bench in the BOSS shirt, then 6 weeks later broke in the OK and hit the 585
Overkill 2nd gen suit over Overkill 3-ply briefs, same shirt and DL suit ( 881-606-589)
2011 I did some work and got serious with my training,
Overkill 3rd gen suit, same shirt, overkill deadlift suit, switched back to conventional ( 965-705-683)

robertjr93
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Okay Thanks for that just wanted to see how the gear worked out for ya as i figured out what i'm going to do about my gear situation

NickAus
11-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Good to see some more videos added!!

Great lifting!!

Brian Hopper
11-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Great job to everyone in the video. You got a strong ass crew. I've seen Garcia lift a few times and he's a beast. How's his deadlift? I remember seeing pull 8+ like it was a joke. I've also competed against Jason Patrick about 2-3 years ago at the Senior Nationals, he's another strong lifter. Good luck to you and your crew!!!

theBarzeen
11-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Great job to everyone in the video. You got a strong ass crew. I've seen Garcia lift a few times and he's a beast. How's his deadlift? I remember seeing pull 8+ like it was a joke. I've also competed against Jason Patrick about 2-3 years ago at the Senior Nationals, he's another strong lifter. Good luck to you and your crew!!!

Thanks man, I am really lucky to have such good lifters to learn from......
Jose has pulled mid-800's in a meet and gone over 9 in the gym, weighing around 260..... the guy is a machine, every rep looks the same.